Just bought wife a series 1 AW and....

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mag2001, Feb 12, 2017.

1. mag2001 macrumors 6502

what are the must have accessories for it? Do I need to get a screen protector or bumper and is Apple care a good investment?

2. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Series 1 uses Ion-X Glass. It's similar to the iPhone screen. Some have said it's fairly scratch resistant and others have said it scratches easily. If you're worried about damage to the screen or are accident prone, then a screen protector would suffice.

I don't think a bumper is necessary. The 7000 Series aluminum holds up well against scratches. It's the same aluminum used on the iPhone.

Accessories really depend on bands. Which have plenty available.

3. FrisbeeK9 macrumors 6502a

FrisbeeK9

I would also tag onto "Relentless Power" and suggest if you have the money, AppleCare+ is a good idea.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

A wrist is step one.

5. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Good point. Especially if you're accident prone, AppleCare pays for itself and is worth it. Albeit, I never required it for any of my Apple purchases. Fortunately.

6. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I have seen some photos about Ion-X Glass cracked easy. Cost $200 to repair at Apple Store if you don't have Apple Care. So better to buy screen protector to be safe.

7. andrewface, Feb 16, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2017

andrewface macrumors 6502

andrewface

add me to the list of people that says the glass is very scratch resistant. I have worn it for 2 months straight now (at the gym three times weekly) without any issues. I take care of my watch but I haven't been overly cautious or anything.