Just Curious - rMBP came back from Apple Store repair with dead battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yg17, Jun 12, 2014.

1. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I dropped my rMBP off at the Genius Bar for a screen replacement covered by warranty, got it back less than 24 hours later. Certainly no complaints at all on the service side of things.

One thing I found interesting, was that my rMBP, which I dropped off with a fully charged battery, was returned with a dead one. Not "You have 5% left so I'm going into sleep mode to prevent data loss" dead. More like "I have nothing left. Not enough to even play the startup chime" dead. I had to plug it in at the Apple Store just to turn it on and verify they fixed the screen issue, which they did. Once it started up, I saw my battery level was at 0%.

Not complaining at all, more curious than anything. Anyone know what they might have done to run the battery down like that, especially for something as easy as a screen replacement that was unrelated to the battery?

2. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

Maybe they were doing a burn-in test or something on battery and never ended up setting it to charge before doing what they have to do to give it back to you?

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Or more likely imo, they just never plugged it in, or turned it off.

4. ShiggyMiyamoto macrumors 6502a

ShiggyMiyamoto

Or that... lol