Just curious who has called Applecare and received FREE bumper recently?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AndrewR23, May 15, 2011.

1. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

2. Andy Ftw macrumors regular

It wasn't recently, but I bought the phone back in November and then rang up and complained about the antenna issue and they sent me a free bumper. I bought it even after the free case program had finished but still had no problems, as long as you give them a ring and just briefly explain, no reason why it shouldn't work :)

3. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Um.. Good idea. I'm going to try today with the serial from my new white iPhone 4.

4. From A Buick 8 macrumors 68040

From A Buick 8

Are you having the antenna issue?

5. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Come back in and post your results.

6. Thedeathbear macrumors 6502a

I liked the bumper, but it tore easily. I had to use superglue to put it back together. Later, it happened again and in many more places. Is this a defect? If so, can I exchange it if I tried to use superglue to fix it?

7. AndrewR23 thread starter macrumors 68040

Ya take it to Apple, tell them you got it with the free case program (assuming you did) and they will replace it.

8. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

I tried last week and the apple rep told me to do a network reset, if that didn't work to go to att and ask for a new SIM card. They said they weren't doing free cases/bumpers anymore.

9. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

One call guys and I did score a free bumper! :) here's proof! I asked for white but he said only black are available for this kind of issues. Gr, but o well lol..

[​IMG]

10. iostehk macrumors member

iostehk

One call guys and I did score a free bumper!

Wow i just purchased the white iPhone 4 too what did you say????????

11. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

I got one for my white iphone. I don't remember exactly when. It took a couple calls but I got my choice of color. It was relatively easy.

12. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

I'm going to try to describe as much as I can of what I said to him

"well hello there, I'm calling about a issue of my white iPhone 4 I got a week ago. Me and my neighbor we both got it the same day! I was speaking to her about how I'm having reception issues about something I'm not sure but I heard the antenna is in the bottom right or left of the phone. So I'm having a lot of call failed. So my neighbor told me she called apple and told you guys about it and she got a free bumper to fix the issue. So I was wondering if I can get the same service provided, you know I paid $700 for this phone I really don't want issues"

Puts me on hold

30 seconds later "ok sir, apparently you are eligible for a free bumper to fix this issue we want you to have the best service ever bla bla...."

So yea that's about it, hope it helps.

13. iostehk macrumors member

iostehk

Thanks Tito Georgie I'll try today and report the result when I'm finished

14. ctbear macrumors 6502a

I got one for my girlfriend's iPhone 4 back in February...called about losing signals / dropping calls (which she really did experience)
    The CSR set the case up for me after some general questions, and promised to ship out a black bumper to me asap.
    Three days later I still hadn't got any confirmation emails yet, so I called again. I explained my situation. They apologized and transferred my call to their floor supervisor.
    It turned out the first CSR I talked to didn't actually submit the case to the system. The supervisor said it was causing me more trouble than it should and offered a chance for me to pick the color of the bumper. It arrived at my apartment the next day.

15. patp Guest

so let me understand this,
    most of you really don't have the antenna issue, you just want something free?

If you have a legit issue and it's really affecting you, get the free bumper. But to the rest of you, do you really need it? Am I missing something here?

16. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

All of us have the issue I personally haven't done this but why not if you can?

17. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Great attitude, dude.:mad:

18. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Exactly. +1

19. patp Guest

If you do not have a case and are experiencing the antenna problem, maybe you should get a free bumper.

But if you don't have antenna issues maybe you shouldn't seek something that doesn't belong to you in the first place?

20. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

Horrible wording.

Anyway, I called and got a black bumper today. Shipping via Fedex. Antenna issues killed me.

21. iostehk macrumors member

iostehk

22. Tito Georgie macrumors 6502

Tito Georgie

Did you use the same story ? :D

23. iostehk macrumors member

iostehk

Yep:D good look

24. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Prob used the same story and got the same rep as well. ;)

25. iostehk macrumors member

iostehk

It was kinda hard though. the rep had me switching hands and giving play by play signal updates in all it took about 30 mins :D