Just did direct fulfillment, how long to wait until I can see my order info?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cpljwlusmc, Aug 4, 2008.

1. cpljwlusmc macrumors regular

I just did a direct fulfillment through AT&T, and if I try to check my order status, it says it can't find anything. I haven't gotten my confirmation email yet, and I filed for the direct fulfillment at around 6:00 - 7:00.

Should I be worried?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

3. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

It's when a store has run out of iPhones, and you can order an iPhone to be reserved just for you.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Ah thanks. Are you sure you can do that for the iPhone? Or maybe a crapload of people have already done that before you?

5. Karpfish macrumors 6502a

Karpfish

I'm going to assume that you have not read anything on here since July 11th. You can order one at an AT&T store and when it comes in to the store you come in and they activate it as normal.

6. Sthai3 macrumors newbie

I place my iPhone order through DF at an AT&T store, place order on july 21 and got it in store and activated on july 25th... It arrive pretty quick for me :D

7. macnoob21 macrumors newbie

which one did you order?

8. xbcrguy182x macrumors newbie

I am in the same boat as you. I finally broke down and walked into a ATT store to DF a iphone. I also didnt get a confirmation email. It still says no info on the status site. But it does say it takes 24 hrs for the info to show up. So dont worry.

9. JWages macrumors regular

I'm on DF too. You don't get an email until the phone has shipped. Thats also when you will be billed. So you dont have anything to worry about. I'm on day 4. :( only 10-16 more days to go! :(

10. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered the 8GB iPhone 3G. They only email you when it gets shipped?

The order status webpage at https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status and the phone number for the automated order status (1-877-782-8870) both say they can't find my order anywhere but it hasn't been 24 hours yet.

11. macnoob21 macrumors newbie

You should at least wait 1 or 2 days so they can get it processed in their system.

12. transam7816 macrumors regular

i ordered 2 of them through direct fulfillment today and i got 2 emails for each of them giving me the tracking info. it probably took about an hour to pull the email through

13. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

I ordered mine today about 6 hours ago. still no email.

14. Sthai3 macrumors newbie

i order the 16GB white and you do not get an email until the iPhone gets ship

15. chinl macrumors member

I assume the person in the store gave you an estimate on the arrival. So far these estimates have been vary accurate. Depending on the model it could be anything from 3-5 days (white) to 3 weeks (16GB black).

16. JWages macrumors regular

You definitely have to wait at least 24 hours for it to be on the site.

Waiiiit. I just noticed on my receipt that the girl spelled my name wrong. My name is also my email address, so its possible she misspelled that too.

17. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

So the guy gave me an estimate of 10 - 21 days to get an 8GB iPhone 3G.

Any chance the phone might come sooner?

18. chinl macrumors member

There is always a chance, but from the talk on here it doesn't sound likely. My phone came on day 10 of a 7-10 day estimate.

19. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

As of 1:07 AM 8/5/08, my iPhone and the freight have been ordered. I will tell you when it has been shipped.

Edit: Just checked the AT&T website. See attached file.

Attached Files:

20. Cheffy Dave macrumors 68030

Cheffy Dave

Sunny Florida, on the Gulf Coast in Homosassa Fl
    Once you get the e-mail, it'll confirm your order, but you'll have no info until the day of the shipment to the store:mad:, They tell you 7- 15 days,but could be as much as 21, however mine came in in 2, my Daughters came in in 6.
    This could have been done better, like buying them through APPLE. The AT&T Store unbelievably, didn't have the newest software to activate them, so they told us to "finish" it at home. This was 2 weeks ago. Way to go AT&T!

The phone and the Apps are amazing. Battery life sucks, especially using GPS. Buy the additional car adapter, or
    http://richardsolo.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=264

My i-Touch charges both in my Sienna with an icarKits unit:
    http://www.icarkits.com/advanced_search_result.php?vehicle=25|250|2004&set_vehicle=1&sort=4d, as well in my Scion XB, but the i-Phone DOES NOT! Come on APPLE, WUWT:confused:

21. xbcrguy182x macrumors newbie

This is going to be the longest 10 days of my life, lol

22. Oilbrnr macrumors 6502

On 7/30 I DF a white one for my wife and a 16GB Black for me, in about 4 hours I received two email order acknowledgments.

Last night I received shipment notification for the white one, which is right within the time frame that the AT&T rep said. Another week or two for mine.

23. cpljwlusmc thread starter macrumors regular

As of just now, my iPhone is off of backorder. The freight is, however. And it hasn't been shipped yet. I'm waiting for it to be changing back to 'backorder' shortly.

Just keeping you posted.