Just got a REPLACEMENT iPhone - Is it tied to my Verizon account?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ehX, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ehX macrumors newbie

ehX

I just got a replacement iPhone 4 in the mail from Apple after my original was a bit.. buggy. I just sold it on Amazon, and to be 100% sure before shipping it I was wondering if it was tied to my Verizon account in any way, shape or form.

I don't want to have the guy email me saying it doesn't work. I plugged it into my Mac to see what would happen (and make sure it worked) and it wanted me to fill out things like Current Verizon Number, address, etc. etc.

tl;dr Replacement iPhone - Clean ESN/MEID or not?

Thanks for the help =)

EDIT: I haven't done ANYTHING with the Verizon account, so unless Apple did something my old iPhone should be the one registered to it. If I'm incorrect (someone else went through this) let me know.

2. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Turn it on and see if you can make a non-emergency phone call. That will answer your question the fastest I think. If it's not registered to your number, he can activate it over the phone or by going in to a VZW brick and mortar store.

3. jkeekij macrumors regular

A replacement from Apple is surely going to have a clean ESN. People sell iPhone's every day, so not sure what the worry is.

4. ehX, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012

ehX thread starter macrumors newbie

ehX

When I turn it on it goes through initial set up (country, language, location services on/off), then it wants me to connect to Wifi or iTunes to activate. Hence I'm wondering if it's already tied to me somehow. So from that, I can't make an emergency call.

*iPhones