Just got a Wacom tablet, I have a question for those who draw comics/manga

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by mariotheotaku, May 20, 2008.

1. mariotheotaku macrumors regular

I was wondering what was the best setup to draw in programs like photoshop and manga studio, by setup I mean the shortcuts and sensitivity in the pen and the tablet. I want to do some drawings but I want to know what setup would help me.

Attached Files:

2. Satori macrumors 6502a

Satori

These setting are very personal and depend very much on the way you hold a pen/pencil for drawing. Have a play to find the most comfortable settings for you.

3. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

just default besides the buttons, I disable the bottom button since its easy to hit on accident and make the top button right-click.

4. Jim Campbell macrumors 6502a

Jim Campbell

These words are wise. Heed them.

Cheers!

Jim

5. wallaby macrumors 6502

wallaby

The defaults pretty much got you covered, the only area I'd bother messing with is in the brushes menu in Photoshop. NOT in the Wacom menu.

I've seen copies of Manga Studio out for sale before. What's that program do, anyway? Is it like Comic Life?

6. Inksworth macrumors member

Inksworth

Aside from the statements already made, when I'm inking a drawing (or just straight-out drawing) I always set the brush to have a minimum size. It helps a lot with moderating the pen pressure (since it can only get larger, rather than shrink into obscurity).

7. junkmailbonzai macrumors member