Just got an iPhone 3G[S], wondering how to watch youtube videos in HQ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by vader1990, Jun 30, 2009.

1. vader1990 macrumors regular

Hi,

I just switched to ATT and got a iPhone 3G. I was wondering how in the youtube app or on Safari to enable the "HQ" feature of videos? Is this possible? If not, that's ok, but just curious.

Thanks!!

2. SephirothXR macrumors 6502

There's no option to do it in the phone. If you have Wi-Fi, you will have the best quality. 3G is 2nd best, and Edge is just horrible. If you look into jailbreaking your phone, you can trick your phone into thinking that 3G is wi-fi, thus giving you more quality.

3. chox99 macrumors regular

I dont' think youtube mobile has capability to pump out HQ yet. 720p is alot of data.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

HQ and HD are two totally different things. Youtube has three different levels of quality, normal, HQ, and HD for ones recorded in HD.

5. coolwater macrumors 6502a

coolwater

I too want to see HQ button on YouTube Mobile.

6. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

And kind of ridiculous for a screen the size of the iphone's.

7. Ninja Dom macrumors 6502

Ninja Dom

Actually, the HTC Magic (Vodafone) can stream High Quality videos over 3G.

Once the video starts playing there is an option called Watch In High Quality.

I was hoping that the 3GS would also do that but it seems that Google kept this feature for their own Android based phones.

8. chox99 macrumors regular

Yes they are but if you click HQ, either you get 480/360p or 720p quality (I think). If you are on wifi I think you get 480/360 automatically. You can also use MxTube if yours is jailbroken.

9. zaintasa macrumors newbie

need help here

U r rite i was using wifi before and was getting the best quality. Now tht im using 3G the quality suckz. I've jailbroken my phone but how do i trick it into thinking tht 3G is wifi?

10. msmanikandan macrumors newbie

You can watch HD Youtube Videos on Iphone 3G Mode

iPhone will automatically change YouTube video quality according to your Internet connection,if you are in WiFi it will show high quality in case of 3G Internet it will show low quality for faster response and also for carrier charge

This feature is not good for fast Internet users

Here are the possible ways to watch HD YouTube videos in iPhone 3G Internet

http://www.indiatodayonline.com/2010/07/how-to-watch-hd-youtube-videos-in.html

11. iammike1 macrumors 6502a

iammike1

Just use m.youtube.com

After the latest update to their mobile platform, m.youtube.com blows the included YouTube program out of the water.

Oh, and it has an HQ button.