Just got an out of warranty replacement but have speaker problem

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by bosoxnm3, Jan 28, 2011.

1. bosoxnm3 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

Ok so I dropped by iPhone in the toilet Wednesday. I went to Apple and paid the 199. Last night, my speaker started making funny sounds out of no where; it was a static like sound. I could not get the speaker to work for the next few minutes, but then it started working fine. I was listening to my earphones today and the music went haywire, but then it went back. Now the speaker is again not working. If I go to Apple tomorrow, do you think they'll give mr another one free of charge? Also, my USB cable is broken...since i have to return a phone I just paid 200 bucks for two days ago, do you think I could finagle a new cable out of this? Thanks.

2. xela24678 macrumors regular

you can probably get a replacement since you already got a repair

3. gnychis macrumors 6502

anything apple replaces comes with a 90 day warranty. I had a screen replaced on an ipad touch before the warranty expired, then it expired 2 days later, then the screen broke a week after that, but they replaced it again telling me that anything they replace comes with a 90 day warranty independent of apple care