Just got iPhone 4 on At&t and i have some signal issues? (NOT ATTENAGAT)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by muk546, Jan 8, 2011.

1. muk546 macrumors newbie

Im a former windows mobile 6 user i had a Samsung Black Jack 2 and that got 5 bars on my 3ed floor my iPhone 4 gets 3 and 4 if im lucky and on my 1st floor i use to get 3 bars now i get 1 i LOVE the phone it just feels like i might be having issues? :confused:

I live in a suburb of boston.

So when you bought you iPhone 4 did you notice weaker signals every wear?

Its a 16 gb black i got it from Radio Shack :)

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

More than likely your issue is simply a change of how the signal bars are calculated by the software. An error in that calculation was actually the primary culprit in "Antenna Issue '10" (I refuse to add 'gate' to any scandal that has nothing to do with the Watergate Hotel).

TEG

3. Aatos.1 macrumors 6502

Don't forget to blame AT&T, that's what Apple does.

4. Fernandez21 macrumors 601

Fernandez21

Hmmm, I had a blackjack years ago and when I got the 3G there was a noticeable drop in signal, the iPhone 4 does get better reception than the 3G, but not sure how the 4 compares to the blackjack, it's been a while and I've moved since then. I can say my old nokia and now palm pre get slightly better reception than my iPhone 4.

5. muk546 thread starter macrumors newbie

Haha agree 100%

that was a nice one lol

6. muk546 thread starter macrumors newbie

i guess its normal then

Oh well just as long as the signal does constantly drop to 0 then i won't bitch at AT&T on the phone so i guess its the phones fault

7. SF-RR7 macrumors member

When I was on 4.0 on my first ip4 I would get about 1 bar more and now with 4.2 I lose that bar. Now I don't care how many I have cause it still works the same.