Just got iphone4 have 2 issues can i get some help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newdeal, Apr 23, 2012.

1. newdeal macrumors 68020

Ok so i have a lot of experiance with iOS but have two problems with the iphone4 that I was wondering if someine can help me with. First of all the bluetooth reception sucks, when it is in my car using a2dp if i shake the phone or point the top of the phone towards the back of the car the audio will stutter or fail completely, worked fine on my desire hd but the bluetooth signal seems very weak on the iphone. It is in a case and does the same thing with the case on or off. Any way to improve the bluetooth strength? The other issue is push email with iOS 5.1. I have gmail set up as exchange but it takes about 25 minutes to get my email sent to my device IF i have it set to display mail notifications on the lock screen. If i set them to not being on the lock screen then the notifications are instant. Similarly if i have it set to show them on the lock screen but the phone is unlocked they are instant, there is only a delay when the phone is locked and they are set to display on the lock screen, any ideas about that? I reported the jbug to apple as i assume its the OS but wondered if anyone has a work around. It is a tethered jailbroken phone so a jailbreak tweak would be fine too

2. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

Not sure on Bluetooth cause I don't really use it. As far as email goes, go to settings, 'mail, contacts, calendar' and set the "fetch new data" turn on push. Should make emails come instantly.

3. newdeal thread starter macrumors 68020

yes push is already on. Wifi reception also sucks in areas where I have had no problems with my iPhone 3g or any of my iPads laptops etc. It couldn't even find the network from my bedroom

4. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I find that push mail on the iPhone is incredibly unreliable.

Aside from that, as you say, iOS 5 shows part of the message on the lock screen in the notification.

As iOS 4 and older didn't have that feature, they just had to play a sound when a new message arrived.

Devices running iOS 5.0 or newer will only alert you to a new message once the snippet and subject line of the message have downloaded (so that it can show you).

If that process stalls for any reason, so does the notification. This might happen because of a problem with the mail service or your connection to the mail service.

5. newdeal thread starter macrumors 68020

Its really strange because push doesnt work at all on wifi and works occasionally on the cell network. My ipads have never had an issue with push on my wifi network

6. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Sounds like you just happened to get a faulty iPhone 4.