Just got my 15" MBP 2.8ghz. Have a few questions..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BSchorr, Jul 1, 2009.

1. BSchorr macrumors member

Got the 15", 2.8ghz, 4 gigs of ram, 512mb 9600M GT. But have a few questions...

1. I noticed that when I maximize a page, wether its the finder or firefox or like anyother window, that it dont actually "maximize" Do I have to pre-drag/define and teach it how I want that window to maximize?

2. How do I know if im on the integrated 9400M graphics card or the dedicated 512mb graphics card?

3. In the "Energy Saver" in the System Preferences, what changes when you select Higher Performance verse the better Battery Life?

4. This laptop cuts my wrists!!! hahaha

5. How do I control my fans in windows when I bootcamp it? How do I controle the graphics card for when im gaming?

I will add more questions later, just wanted to get these out there.

My first imressions of this MBP and my first ever MBP. This thing is so superior to other laptops, its crazy! Its stupid fast. The only time it locked up was because of a low wireless signal and FireFox locked up.

I also got the free iPod Touch too! That little booger is nice too!

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Lots of great questions and most of these can be answered by searching with MRoogle

They have been asked quite frequently, and you will find a lot of valuable info in the threads referencing them

Welcome to the Mac family and to the Forum!

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

You really should mention that you're new to the Mac OS rather than just saying you just bought a new computer then we can give you better answers to your questions. Just about every program in Mac OS does fully maximize. Firefox, while not part of the OS does fully maximize, not sure why yours does not.
    The Finder and Safari do not fully maximize when you click the green button. The Mac OS is based on a system of logic whereas Windows is not. In Windows, things maximize just because, in Mac OS the window maximizes to accommodate the size of content. If the content fills up the entire screen Safari will fully maximize. The Finder does not, so yes you will have to maximize manually if you want this.
    All the other Mac OS apps take full advantage of the screen real estate which is why they will fully maximize. BTW, welcome to the Mac community.

4. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

Not sure what you mean by that, but in windows you can maximize a window to occupy the entire screen, programs just don't do it on their on, user input required

I think what he is asking is how to get whatever he is looking at to occupy the entire screen, which i haven't figured out said logic as to why it does that

5. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Oh, I didn't mean that in Windows the window just maximizes on it's own, I meant that in Windows the entire OS plus browsers maximize when clicking the maximize button. This design is not logical. For example, many websites never have content that fills up the entire screen so clicking the maximize button on Mac OS just enlarges the window enough to cover the existing content, this function is logical. In Windows, there's no logic involved, the window will just maximize to full screen regardless of existing content filling up the extra screen real estate or not.