Just got my 42MM SS Series 2 Apple watch - Wheres the Auto Brightness feature?

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Hey guys, Just got my 42MM SS Series 2 Apple watch but wheres the Auto Brightness feature? i checked both on the watch app on the iphone as well as in the settings menu of the watch itself and i dont see an Auto brightness feature for the watch, before i got the watch i saw that reviews now mentioned the Series 2 apple watch has an auto brightness feature and that it has an ambient light sensor so if you anyone could please chime in here, Thank you

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
Auto brightness is always on. There is no way to disable it, in fact.
Oh ok, The only thing I changed in the brightness menu was I bumped up the brightness to maximum setting so that Auto brightness can brighten up the screen to the highest during a sunny day right?

BrettDS

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2012
Orlando
Not necessary. The watch will go up to the highest brightness level in bright sunlight no matter where you have the slider. Just set it to the level you prefer for most of the time.

Reactions: Srbell67

Benz63amg

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Oct 17, 2010
I'd set it in the dark and let it adjust up from there depending on ambient light. With max brightness you might find it annoying at night.
Not necessary. The watch will go up to the highest brightness level in bright sunlight no matter where you have the slider. Just set it to the level you prefer for most of the time.
thank you for the info guys