Just got my iPhone 4 replaced for a yellow line, new one has a stuck pixel.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by 55test55, Jul 11, 2010.

1. 55test55 macrumors 6502

Am i just out of luck? Im honestly sick of (and frankly embarrassed at) having to go to the damned apple store to exchange things. Am i just being crazy, or should i replace this one yet again? To top things off, i use a screen protector so i cant really put one on right now, unless i want to stick with this phone (or waste more money on another protector later).

I had drip marks on one ipad, dust under the screen of the replacement, and stuck pixels on the third one (i finally just got fed up and returned it). My first iphone 4 had a yellowing screen, and this one has stuck pixels. I'm tempted to go replace this one, but im not sure one exists without defects (and im honestly getting embarrassed at being there so often). Ive been running a pixel unsticker for the last few hours and no dice.

My 3GS was fine. Am i just getting unlucky here, or did the older products have better quality control? They all really have had problems and theyve replaced them all, but im getting tired of this. Thoughts? Thanks.

:(

2. Gilly Gil macrumors regular

i would have it replaced. Your money, your happiness.

3. HOiYA macrumors member

Hate to ask the obvious.... Didn't you check the phone when you got it replaced?

4. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

I retuned 2 phones. 1 for a yellow line. 2nd for a yellow spot. My 3rd and current had a yellow spot that went away and in retrospect I could probably have kept my 2nd if I waited a bit. The "wait and see" info wasn't out until the first was already traded back.

Not bad luck, since luck doesn't exist.

Blonde Buddhist

5. macduke macrumors G3

macduke

I've been told they only replace stuck pixels if they are near the center of the screen. Is that the case for you? I had a 3G replaced for a stuck in the middle.

How can you even see a pixel that small though? Is it a group or just one tiny speck?

6. detroit1 macrumors regular

:eek:CHECK BEFORE LEAVING THE STORE????????!!!?!?!?!!!??!?

7. BadMoon macrumors 6502

Not true. Mine was top left And replaced no problem. For the idiot saying check before you leave the store. That's dumb. You cant check every inch and in that lighting to expect to find a pixel. Hell I had to make my guy go in the back to be able to find mine.

8. Marfox macrumors newbie

Marfox

did they replace it with a new IPhone 4 or a refurbished?? cause i have to get mine replaced

9. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

If it bothers you, definitely go swap it out.

10. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

At this point, there shouldn't be any refurbished phone available yet. Probably within a month in I'm guessing.

11. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

I have a stuck pixel, but it's almost microscopic, and I only see it if I really look for it. So I'm not sweating it.

12. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

it is quite small and im tempted to stick with it, its just annoying that with all the trouble i went to to get an apple product that doesnt have some sort of imperfection i cant. no matter what lol. we shall see though. maybe ill do it in the future.

13. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

14. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

Really? Like Really!? Why would you say that. I will forever hate you now. Not that you care I just wanted you to know. But on the subject I would take it back if it doenst suite your needs. If its not that bad for you and its to much of a hassel to go the apple store and get another one just say **** it. Hope everything works out for you.

15. 55test55 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks man. I'll prolly just stick with it considering my luck lol. It's really quite minor with the new screen.

It's hard to show in pictures.

16. Fidget08 macrumors regular

Fidget08

Theres no need to post pics. I believe you and so does a large amount of MacRumors. Its the few that light to get a rise out of others.