Just got my Iphone today, USB wont work in my Desktop but works in my laptop.....HELP

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Lycann, Mar 24, 2008.

1. Lycann macrumors newbie

So everything else USB wise works in my Desktop EXCEPT my IPhone. I had to activate and xsfer my music to my laptop so i can get it on my IPhone, a process i dont really wanna have to repeat. Can anyone help?

I used to have a Cingular 8125 with MS ActiveSync on it but have just uninstalled that program and it still didnt work. Any help would be appreciated.

Basically, when i plug in my IPhone I dont hear the "Dee-Dum" sound I hear when i plug anything else in, I heard it on my Lappy but not my Desktop.

2. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

3. doobi18 macrumors 6502

the problem is with your desktop, not your iphone

4. jeffmc macrumors 6502

why are you posting issues about a pc desktop in an apple iphone forum?

5. McGiord, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

6. jellis macrumors member

it may be that your desktop does not have usb 2.0 which i believe is required for the iphone.

I don't think it has anything to do with your syncing software.

7. deja17vu macrumors newbie

usb 2.0 requirement

its funny thing about that usb 2.0 requirement. its not true. i recently installed itunes 8.2 on my old ass dell, 733 mhz less than a gig of ram, xp maybe sp2. and i was able to sync my iphone and do everything im not supposed to do. go figure. i am having similiar problem except i cant get iphone to register through laptop usb anymore. none of the for usb ports. the sound i now get is like a weak da-dum instead of the strong sound. please someone email with some suggestions would appreciate it.

8. w3cum macrumors regular

I have a ? for you... you said you can sync but can you restore and activate? the reason I am asking is I had a laptop that had a usb failure and I didnt know. I could sync but could not do an update. kept locking up the phone and computer. turned out the USB was only working as a USB 1 not USB 2.0...... I am wondering if the OP is having a similar issue