Just got my macbook air 13 inch - LG display comparison with iMac

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Ubuntu, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Ubuntu, Jul 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2011

Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

It has the LG display, it looks great. I'm comparing it to my 2011 iMac and I can't really see a significant difference in terms of colours etc, maybe some of you will but I'm happy with the display.

I'm still not 100% sure if the 13 inch is for me, though. I prefer the extra workspace compared to the 11 inch and most certainly the extra two hours on the battery, but there's some buyers remorse. I'll give it a bit more time of course.

I've been using it for an hour for a bit of Xcode, watching a Family Guy episode and general browsing. It came out of the box with 5 hours battery remaining (not calibrated yet) and while watching the Flash video it was claiming 1 hour and 57 minutes remaining. Now after that one video I have 2 hours 50 minutes remaining, so the battery seems to be okay.

Anyway I just made this thread to hopefully put your minds at rest about the display. It seems pretty good to me, and I based my judgement on how it actually looks, rather than the display's manufacturer.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

If you can't see a difference between an IPS panel (as being used in the iMacs) and a TN panel (as in Mac laptops), try to use another pic ;)

3. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

View angle issues aside, talking purely about the apparent washed out effect the LG display has. I can't see a significant difference, can you?

4. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Try the rose petal wallpaper or one of the green nature wallpapers. I noticed a difference in the color there.

5. Ubuntu thread starter macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

Ah okay, will do.

6. BeachChair macrumors 6502a