Just got my Macbook Pro Unibody and lovin' it! (+life story)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vallorus, Feb 16, 2009.

1. vallorus macrumors newbie

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster

Since there is no "introduce yourself" subforum, I thought I would dedicate my first post on this forum to worshipping my newest addition. I'm a fairly new Mac user, made the switch about 7 months ago. It started with a visit to the Apple store in San Francisco, with the intention of gawking at all that was available there, with no real intention of buying something. I was shocked at the size and the quality of the store, compared to the Netherlands (where I live). Long story cut short, two days later I walked out with a white Macbook.

Since then, I had the "luck" that my desktop computer broke down quite soon after I got the Macbook, resulting in a shiny iMac sitting on my desk right now.

Convincing people to buy an Apple has become a (annoying) habit of mine, but both my parents and my sister are now Mac users :D. My mother bought my Macbook of me, not because it didn't perform well enough for my needs, but mainly because I wanted that extra little bit, that the Pro could give me. So last week I ordered one and it arrived today! It took a surprisingly short time before it was delivered, so props to the Apple online store for that. I've been tinkering at it for about an hour now and I'm still lovin' it!

It's a long read, from now on I'll keep it brief :p
    I'm looking forward to contribute a lot to this forum in the future!