Just got my Moshi PalmGuard/w TrackGuard and ClearGuard for my Macbook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by devilstrider, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Ksb-online macrumors regular

2. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

It feels a little different. It will take some getting used to, but I think it's well worth it.

3. deeesea macrumors 6502

I like how you're watching install videos of the guards on youtube. lol.

Are there really lots of cases of the palm rest being worn out by your hands on the unibodies?
    :confused:

4. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's right? Is there a problem with watching those? I like the dudes hinge method. But I guess people like you would rather mess up your adhesive side trying to put it on all at once. I like to get it done right the first time. If it takes a little research so be it. No they are not a lot of cases of that. But it helps keep the resale value high.

5. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

Cheers to being proud of your new protective stuff for your MBP - Keeping your MBP mint is perfectly OK and research on proper application is just smart.

If and when you want to re-sell down the road ... machines like yours sell first and for max bucks.

some buyers are swayed by a shiny trackpad or shiny keys ... people just prefer used products that have been well looked after.

ever buy a used car? same theory applies to a MBP.

enjoy your new stuff.

6. you-of-eh macrumors member

lol easy devilstrider I don't think he meant it in a bad way.

7. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    I'm sorry, but isn't this the equivalent of keeping a plastic sheet over your nice new leather furniture so that when you resell it years down the road it will be in pristine condition? What is the point of paying extra for a beautiful aluminum laptop if you're just going to cover it in garish plastic like 99% of other notebooks out there? Anyway, just my opinion :) Just enjoy your macbook in alll its naked glory.

8. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

That's like saying why put your car in a garage or use products to protect the paint.

9. Hey Jude macrumors 6502a

Hey Jude

No offense to OP, but I agree with you. I have had my MBA --- previously my only other aluminum computer, for a couple years, and I have definitely not babied it, and it is in pristine condition without any protective devices on it.

I am using my MBP with a wireless mouse and keyboard about 50 percent of the time, but to each, their own (^_^)

10. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

I have to say that moshi keyboard-condom is the best one I could find. I myself am a minimalist and perfectionist and I love the looks of my macbook pro. This keyguard is really hard to notice and looks great.

11. ihonda macrumors 68000

i use a wrapsol on the outside (lid and bottom), a moshi trackguard and a wrapsol palmguard, i dont really like the moshi palmguard because it lifts up VERY easy after a short time (for me at least) while the wrapsol sort of seals itself to the wrist area. most people dont even notice it. i also use a clearguard for the keyboard and swear by it. i know when i go to sell my macbook in the next couple of months that i will pull top dollar for it because its still mint with no shine on keys or trackpad

12. Constantine1337 macrumors 6502

For the palmrest I got myself the Leather SurfacePad from TwelveSouth. Really amazing product.

13. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Wow, that does look awesome. :cool:

14. deeesea macrumors 6502

Calm down OP. Just thought it was funny. Don't get so defensive.

PS: no, people like me don't screw up, because putting on a freakin skin isn't rocket science and doesn't take a genius to figure out how to do.

okay OP. now you can get defensive.

15. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

I don't like the ClearGuard because it gets cloudy after a week and needs to be cleaned every week. I use an iSkin ProTouch FX; seems sturdier and doesn't get as dirty. Maybe because it's not clear, not idea, but I like the latter a lot more.

As for the palm rest, I enjoy the the Palmguard and been using it on every Mac notebook I've owned.

16. devilstrider thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL. I agree.

Nice.

17. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

I have a bestskinsever full body skin and I love it. I love the interesting texture of the skin. It feels glossy, but not sticky. Really great texture. :)