Just got my ViPhone- In and out in 30 mins- Very Happy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacGenius1211, Feb 10, 2011.

1. MacGenius1211 macrumors newbie

I was on my way down to the troy mi apple store to get my reserved iPhone 4, figured id check the verizon store on the way down to see how many crazies were out there, Got there and there were 3 cars in the parking lot. At 6 am. By 7 when the doors opened, I was in and out in about 30 mins with about 9 people in line. So instead of driving 120 miles round trip, Im at 30 miles round trip. Snagged a griffin milspec case thats waterproof and whatnot for it. So var im very very pleased. Call quality amazing, data speeds good. Very happy customer, glad I dumped AT&T for Verizon
    Tested GPS on the way home, Worked perfectly.

Hope you guys get yours.

2. shadrap macrumors 6502

Good deal, the lines hear appear to be much longer.

3. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I was fifth in line at 6. In the store right now playing with a tab as they fix some activation delay on my iphone.

AIso it is a town of 11k in the freezing cold so the short line does not surprise me at all.

4. JustLeft macrumors 6502

I am having GPS issues with mine. Was your phone in the griffin milspec case when you used GPS, or was it naked?

5. xray328 macrumors member

Anyone try to buy more than 2 at once? We need 3 and I'm not sure if my wife will both have to go assuming theres a 2 per person limit or if I can go get all 3 myself.

6. MacGenius1211 thread starter macrumors newbie

It ws in the griffin milspec case. I put it on and I still get 3 bars of service in my house compared to the 1 or 2 I got with AT&T

7. Indy2424 macrumors member

Alright just got home from Verizon as well. Changed from a Droid 1 to an Iphone. I will be honest I was about 20th in line and there was about another 25 people behind me. I was done in a little over 30 minutes. Verizon had enough reps to help at least the first 20-25 people. That really had a great setup for the launch. When I left people were still rolling in.

I will be honest I was one of those that said Droid was great and beat the Iphone. There is something to be said about simplicity and the IOS. It is so smooth and not buggy. The android OS is just so buggy and there are so many updates every day to all the different app due to fragmentation. I still like Android but would be much better if they locked it down to a few phones and not 100 different phones.

The argument that IOS is dated is really a moot point. Dated or not it works and when you can launch a phone that is 8 months old and get people to wait in line since 3am, you must be doing something right.

Also the data while talking on the phone is not a big deal to me cause I have never had it anyway. Outta sight outta mind. Verizon in my area is much better in coverage for me.

Thanks to the many good posters on this forum with all the good info for us that were thinking about switching.

8. patp Guest

I'm pissed. I'm happy for yi that got your phones so quickly. But I stayed up and ordered thru VZW online. Now I realize what a waste of time that was i have no shipping confirmation, nothing from VZW telling me I have a phone on the way. Obviously i could have just waited till today and just walked into a store and just picked one up.

I'm going to cancel my order and cancel my VZW account. Tired of VZW ********.

9. Matt336 macrumors newbie

Got mine today. I showed up at 4:50am to the Verizon store and was first in line. Got my picture taken too.:p

10. MacGenius1211 thread starter macrumors newbie

Everything was smooth and seamless. I switched to Verizon last week and sold my ATT iPhone, been on a crackberry all week, boy am I glad to be back on the iPhone. The Verizon staff was amazing, the store manager said he had his entire staff in for the launch. Mustve been 30 reps there, they called us in one at a time, clapped and cheered us on. Best buying experience ever. Just got my phone all synced up from my old 3g, everythign works great. Now its off to sleep for a bit.

Verizon did a great job preparing for this launch. Never been happier, I was interviewed by the Flint Journal and WJRT TV 12 as well. So I made the news :p

11. hcho3 macrumors 68030

There was no point of pre-ordering unless you got your iphones in way before today. My local best buy stores and Verizon stores was like dead. No one was there to buy them. I just called them now and they still have too many iphones in stock.

12. patp Guest

Exactly. VZW rep I'm on the phone with is telling me nothing. Just reading stock answers from a card.

This whole pre order was a joke. I hate VZW.

13. Kblakeshot macrumors member

5 per person. You will be fine.

14. xray328 macrumors member

Thanks!

15. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I drove by a Verizon store on my way into work and nobody was there, I was expecting at least a few outside.

16. akkkmed macrumors 6502

17. Methalius macrumors newbie

What state are you in?

18. possumwater macrumors regular

possumwater

Same for me! It snowed and iced bad last night and I"m from an area that it hardly ever snows at in the south. I arrived 5 min after 7 and the only people on the roads were people who were going to McDonnalds and to Verizon. Damn near the only places even open. (Smaller town) In and out, damn near home in 40 minutes. Even ported my number! I had one on order with them on the web, got home and canceled it! :)

19. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

How are you any less crazy than they are?

20. akkkmed macrumors 6502

Michigan

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Glad everything went smoothly for you, OP. Enjoy your iPhone.:)