Just got the 5. People are COMPLAINING about this iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Batman89, Oct 13, 2012.

1. Batman89 macrumors 6502

Managed to reserve a iPhone 5 for next-day pick up at my local Apple store.

I have to say, I am blown away. The initial impression of, "it's just a taller screen" is dead wrong. It's the next logical step in the design form factor, a sort of evolution, if you will.

The phone is light as hell and with LTE it's BLAZING fast. The A6 chip makes this thing just "zoom zoom"!

I know I sound like a fan girl, but the phone is just brilliant. The bigger screen is so underrated, and I LOVE the lightning connector.

The white one is classy, and the black one is sleek.

What are people complaining about, exactly? MacRumors is a strange place. I've been a lurker for a while now and I remember when the iPhone 4 images "leaked," people were calling it a Chinese knock-off, a design that was SO un-Apple, then when it was released, people were praising the heck out of and its "elegant, Apple-esque design" :rolleyes:

And SO many people on here flaming users for claiming the next phone would be called the iPhone 5. Uh, DUH! Who honestly believed this would be called anything else? haha

This place is full of good info, and full people who think they know everything. What is an Apple design, what is not. What it will be called, what it won't.

I say, let's just see what Apple puts out there and let's test it out at the store before we even pass judgement on it.

[/praise of iPhone 5] [/rant]

2. JodyK macrumors 6502a

JodyK

3. psykick5 macrumors 6502

4. Bigserver1 macrumors regular

You're getting the people who complain most online. It's an amazing phone, I love mine.

In fairness, I haven't had issues with scuff gate, purple gate, battery gate, other BS gates, etc. my phone was perfect out of the box and more than three weeks later it's still amazing. The speed of the phone continues to blow me away. When I have the chance to really use the phone and its features, I love it all over again.

5. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

When every iPhone comes out there will be a strong negative marketing campaign against it. And some Samsung fans are really religious and cannot stop themselves from replying to a topic that says iPhone is great.

6. maverick22 macrumors 6502

Was lucky to snag one at Target today--black 16GB. I absolutely love it! Was problem-free out of the box. Thought the earpiece was extremely low during a call. Easy fix -- just had to remove the plastic on the screen :D

Loving the phone. Sorry for those of you who got defective phones. Got Applecare and plan on going case-free.

7. iAi macrumors 6502

iPhone 5 is the best gadget ( not just smartphone) in the planet right now.

+1

8. 3rdiguy macrumors 6502a

3rdiguy

Just snagged a 64gb at Verizon store and cancelled my online order. This thing is lightning fast! Didn't even have to restore from backup. Just downloaded all the apps I needed very quickly. This camera is like night & day from the 4 that I had!!

9. marc11 macrumors 68000

People have just as much right to complain and dislike something as they do to praise and love it, no?

This would be a pretty boring place if everything was perfect for everyone...IMHO.

Glad the op loves her phone but that doesn't mean her opinion must be shared by all and visa versa.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I, too, share your love for this magical iPhone 5 device.

Modern marvel. :D

11. apierrec macrumors 6502

This.

:apple:

12. sk2sep2304 macrumors regular

sk2sep2304

I'm satisfied and I've had all the iPhones.

My favorite feature is LTE.

13. Anajaf27 macrumors regular

I too love my iPhone 5 ..I just don't like the fact that it scuffs/scratches easily and that the rattles are a bit more noticeable on this one

14. Apollo 13 macrumors 6502a

you have to remember a lot of ppl don't like Apple so some ppl will make little things into big things. The maps isn't a problem for me cuz I never used it because it was never 3D like a real GPS. This changed though with the i5. I used the maps on the way home from the Apple store which was a hour away with no problems. I rather use Navigon since I already payed for it anyways.

15. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Well mine works as a phone and connects to the internet so i'm happy.

The aesthetics of the phone are pleasing too.

Im lucky not to have the issues highlighted on some of the threads by owners on this site and others.

16. kyussmondo macrumors member

I love the phone apart from this annoying Wi-Fi problem I have which is a widely accepted problem with some iPhones. I am a big Apple fan but I am naturally disappointed that my phone doesn't work as advertised until Apple release an update. So good for you if you are having no problems but when you sell 5 million iPhones in 2 days you are bound to have a lot of problems. Apple makes mistakes like everyone else, and they usually respond quickly and well with fixes.

17. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Most of the time it's just people looking to get on the spotlight. And most of the complains steam from people who do not actually own an iPhone 5 but has secret desire for one.

18. irDigital0l Guest

Yea if you purposely scratch your iPhone 5 its gonna have scuffs.

If you purposely take a picture at light sources or the sun its gonna be purple.

19. MGCP macrumors member

Of course you can equally say that some Apple fans are really religious and cannot stop themselves from replying to a topic in which someone has a problem with their phone! The number of times I read comments along the lines of "my phone doesn't have problem x, so therefore I don't believe problem X exists" is just ridiculous.

Then again I just don't understand anyone who gets so passionate about a company, any company! I wonder if these people get similarly excited about their dishwashers or rush online to defend the brand of their fridge against anyone who disses it!

20. albertxp06, Oct 14, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2012

albertxp06 macrumors regular

My iPhone 5 can't download a file for its life! I'll download a file (around 30MB) from Dropbox and when it gets around 40%, it craps out with an error (on WPA2 and Open networks). Restore and reset did nothing. My 3GS, iPad 2, and Nexus 7 can download that file within a minute! Back on 4G/LTE, the 5 downloads it just as fast as the 3GS. The Apple Store said there was nothing wrong and they couldn't do anything about it.

Also, it takes the 5 a few minutes to hit 40%!

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE the 5! The screen, LTE, and camera are all amazing! And my phone had NO nicks, scuffs, scratches, etc. WiFi and a LOUD rattling sound (not thud) were deal breakers

Conclusion: I'm returning the 5 and waiting a month or so before getting it. I heard Apple increased their QC, so I'll get a better phone.

21. mysteryfans macrumors newbie

same errors here..

22. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

23. BeachChair macrumors 6502a

Agreed. This phone is remarkable. I feel it is the biggest leap forward for iPhones so far. The build quality is unlike any electronic gadget I've ever seen.

As usual, there are millions of people who feel that they must talk loudly about their reasons for not buying the iPhone. They will create a big deal about any small flaw with the phone to fuel their circle jerk.

24. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

Same "Love my iPhone" threads.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1464780

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1461724

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1461615

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1461568&highlight=love+iphone+5

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1459827&highlight=happy+iphone+5

And there are many that have issues with their phone, and are not Trolls or haters either. Even Mr. Cook apologized for one flaw, so its not something made up by some customers. Its real OP. Please stop being such a fan of the Apple product and over looking some concerning glitches. Makes you look silly in doing so.

25. GoodBoy macrumors 6502

Totally agree. The fact thread starter received flawless iPhone 5 (and I'm sure there are lots of them) doesn't make others trolls just because they complain about scratch or scuff issues. There's a thread on macrumors with the poll, which clearly shows almost 50% of people got scratched/scuffed iPhones. So it is a problem no matter how much of a perfect unit thread starter got. I really don't get this people who received flawless phones and think that others must be stupid trolls cuz they complain.