Just grabed a 16 gig wifi for $225 off of CL

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mellofello, Mar 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mellofello macrumors 65816

I sold my 32 gig for $550 a few weeks ago and was just curious at current market price for iPads. Just so happened that the seller had just posted moments earlier, and was around the corner from me. By the time I got there he had already had 10 more calls meaning he was definitely under market.

Not bad for $225 this one will go to my parents in a few months. Good luck to all 700 people asking $400 for your 16 gigs.

2. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

3. farmermac macrumors 6502a

Good deal. I just picked up my first iPad tonight. Same configuration but I paid $300. Came with apple case. I'm very satisfied even though I know there are better deals to be had. :cool:

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. iMattcotv macrumors 6502

iMattcotv

Haha sick deal!

I was thinking of buying a few ultra cheap iPads and re-selling them for a few hundred more, just to make quick cash ;D

People on Kijiji, Ebay, CL and other.. are so ****ing dumb..

I once sold a POS 5" Android 2.1 laggy bs tablet for $100 more than it was worth.. Haha poor guy

6. Gryzor macrumors 6502

So, you come here "boasting" about getting a cheap 2nd hand 16 gig, yet you lost money on a 32 gig... Personally, I'm giving my original 64 gig to my daughter and buying myself a new 32 gig iPad 2 and not really bothering to think about the small amounts of money involved.

7. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

Well, I'd say that it depends on when the OP got the 32GB, doesn't it?

Unless it was brand new, I wouldn't count it as money lost, and even then it sounds like quite a bargain considering the recent price drop.

8. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Just sounds like a case of buyers and sellers remorse to me, somebody who can't make their mind up. Result = net loss.

9. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

If selling a used item of the previous generation at near retail price just before the successor is announced and the prices drop, and then obtaining another one for far less money is your definition of net loss, I wouldn't mind some net loss myself! :D

10. Gryzor macrumors 6502

Only if the numbers the OP are throwing around are true, which most of the time on here are not. He won't provide proof either way, so the net cost and hassle of owning a 16gig iPad is pointless, especially when he will give that away and not put it towards the next one...or so he says.

11. itickings macrumors 6502a

itickings

I (obviously) disagree.

The principle is sound in theory. If you study the prices on the second hand market, selling the current [random iGadget] some time before the successor is announced and then re-purchasing a similar one afterwards to give away is usually better economically than keeping your current [iGadget] the entire time and then pass it down.

Sure, there is some uncertainty involved, you know what your [iGadget] has been through, and not the state of someone else's, etc etc. File that under calculated risk.

12. 482214 macrumors 6502

Gryzor this contradicts a post you made in the last 24 hours... ROLL EYES

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

14. deeddawg macrumors 604

It also ignores the value of having use of the iGadget in the time between selling before the announcement of the new version and the purchase of a used one from the subsequent price-depressed buyers market.

Thats the balancing act -- value of the usage of the iGadget those few weeks vs. the dollars in your pocket. Since the utility value of having the iGadget and the impact of the cost difference varies from person to person, there's no true one-size-fits-all answer to which path is best. I do wonder though as to why someone who doesn't put much value in having use of the iGadget would then upgrade to the new one, but that's probably one of those "if I have to ask, I wouldn't understand" things. :D

15. AppleGoddess macrumors 6502a

AppleGoddess

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.