Just in: "Mick Jagger on Trump Using Stones Songs: I ‘Can’t Stop’ Him"

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Oct 12, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...rump-using-stones-songs-i-can-t-stop-him.html

:facepalm:

This is in no relation to my earlier lighthearted thread, I did not know Trump was using their songs wrongly, nor did I know until I looked up the guy to see if he was even still alive. Dude looks 90, not 70. Aren't the drugs supposed to pickle and preserve the body? Not make it look like a half-squished cigarette? Anyway, I hope Trump paid the license fee involved, many Republicans (and a few Democrats) have a knack of not doing so:

http://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ing-songs-without-artists-permission-20150709

If nothing else, if Pence drops out, maybe Trump can use Jagger as his replacement since I made the mistake of clicking on this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...sell-concerts-historian-provocative-view.html

Dayum... this day gets more and more bizarre... I know rock stars have groupies and can be loose, but... eww. Just, eww. Well, almost. For being 700 years old and pickled with illegal drugs, he looks amazingly thin and muscular. But not in the sexy Tina Turner way. He probably will live to 700 thanks to all the all-natural preservatives he used back in the day...

2. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Is this about Jagger or Drumpf ?
    Hard to tell.

3. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

A more pressing question that I have been meaning to ask for many months is just why Trump uses “You Can’t Always Get What You Want” at his rallies? That seems to run counter to his message. Unless he was planning to lose to begin with and has been telegraphing to his supporters all along that they won't be getting what they want!

4. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

I always figured at first it was just about this

But if you try sometimes you just might find
    You get what you need

But you know that song actually has some pretty strange lyrics, so it might have been more about something besides that refrain, maybe this

I saw her today at the reception
    In her glass was a bleeding man
    She was practiced at the art of deception
    Well I could tell by her blood-stained hands
    Really there's no telling what's going on in the mind of Donald Trump.

5. IronWaffle macrumors 6502

IronWaffle

Of all the songs he'd choose, this one is a double-edged sword. I suppose he sees it as a thumb in the eye of detractors. "You wanted someone else but you need me."

Personally, I'd nominate this British Invasion nugget instead:

Bonus: in this live version, Lennon ad libs a line: "beneath this wig I am wearing a tie."

6. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Making fun of Jagger's appearance while those guys are on tour for almost 60 years. Impressive.