just installed front wet skin do I really have to wait for 24hrs? speed up process?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bobright, Jun 19, 2011.

1. bobright macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

So just installed a BSE on the front of my iPad and was wondering if there's anyway I can speed up the drying process? Can I take a blow dryer lightly to it?

If I turn my screen on before 24hrs could I damage it?

2. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Errr anybody take a blow dryer to there iPad?

LOL

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

I've done it. Be careful with the heat! Don't overheat it! Even a fan would be a big help.

As long as there is no water internally you should be OK.

4. Mako5 macrumors regular

Mako5

I have done quite a few BSE's for myself, family and friends. I use a blow dryer as a regular part of the install just like compressed air, soapy water and a squeegee. I find that the blow dryer doesn't really help dry any faster but it helps to shrink the skin and give it a nicer fit and adhesion. The water spots do take 24 -48 hours to disappear but you can use the device well before that.

5. Cheetablaze macrumors member

I recommend sleeping, drinking, humping, and drinking some more for the couple days... If it needs a couple days to dry what's the harm of waiting?