Just letting you know that you can get lower prices than EDU-disc.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Lifequest, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Lifequest macrumors regular

I've never seen people mention it here on the thread.
    I guess for US buyers, you have resellers that cut prices a little like BEST BUY.
    However, in Australia, there is no place that can offer prices lower than the EDU.

However, if you call the apple store and speak to a sales representative, he can give about another 4%-5% the Education price.

AUSTRALIAN PRICING:

Base 15" with 128SSD
    Normal: $2619AUD
    EDU: $2477AUD
    Apple Phone sale: $2378AUD

Not bad :)
    Now I'm really considering one...

2. santan92 macrumors newbie

What do you say to the sales representative to get the additional discount??

3. Pivot macrumors newbie

I'm curious too, how did you go about getting it? Is it a direct thing or can you pick it up from a store? I'm thinking of heading to the Chatswood store to pick up a 13" when they become available.

4. Lifequest thread starter macrumors regular

I just told them that I'm in the market of a new laptop and checking around- wondering what Apple can offer me. I'm particularly interested in the (insert screen size) models of laptops.
    Tell them you go to Uni. (name a uni) then when they quote, just ask them is that the BEST they can do?
    They'll do better :)

Simple.

Not so sure about in store though. I believe it is just for telephone sales.

5. macuserx86 macrumors 6502a

macuserx86

I'm definitely going to try this. It will be especially convincing since I won't actually be lying about looking around. :cool: