Just looked at a jailbroken iphone 4S.. & I'm disappointed..

Antidoll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
My friend at work has an iPhone 4(s) jailbroken and wow.. I never looked at one... the options.. the customization capabilities are amazing!

He was able to turn on/off bluetooth with literally 2 clicks... which is very convenient instead of the Settings>general>bluetooth>on/off...

The only complaint he had was that the battery seems to be drained easier...

I wonder why Apple doesn't allow such customization or edits their own theme to make it more user "friendly" ?

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
Yup, jailbroken is the only way to go for me. I'd be very dissapointed to if I could only use a stock iPhone.

macingman

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2011
There is no 4S jailbreak. What is the point of this thread? Are you just trying to start a flamewar?

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland
I've recently jailbroken my iPod touch and am amazed at how much you can do. Every time I put it down and pick up my 4S I try to do some gestures and realise I don't have them on my 4S lol. Can't wait to jb it!

buddybd

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Ya the Notification Bar itself is very limited and practically useless on its own. Jailbreak makes it so much better. Why it isn't officially there is beyond me.

ANd its great to see such positive reaction to JB here in MR, I thought I'll see responses like 'its not the way Apple designed it' lol.

Antidoll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
sorry I am not very knowledgable when it comes to available jailbreaks and stuff.. i assumed the guy had a 4S he might've had the 4?

Lurchdubious

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2008
Texas
oh okay... even if there is a jailbreak I don't want to jailbreak my phone... I heard it voids your warranty and if it makes my battery life even shorter I can't deal lol..
Sounds like a great reason to start this meaningless thread.

verwon

macrumors 68030
Jul 26, 2011
Seattle
lol yeah I did sorry..

----------

oh okay... even if there is a jailbreak I don't want to jailbreak my phone... I heard it voids your warranty and if it makes my battery life even shorter I can't deal lol..
Buy a battery case, there are some nice slim ones and then there's no need to worry.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
He was able to turn on/off bluetooth with literally 2 clicks... which is very convenient instead of the Settings>general>bluetooth>on/off...
Since your friend only has to click 2 times versus the normal 4 clicks, what does your friend do with all of his free time?

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
lol yeah I did sorry..

----------

When I had my iPhone 4 it was jailbroken and I had absolutely no battery issues.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
When I had my iPhone 4 it was jailbroken and I had absolutely no battery issues.
Same here.
It all depends what you install on it.
You want to put every cydia package there is out there then you will have problems,an unstable phone and terrible battery life.
But again JB is not for everyone. People that dont research or dont even bother to learn the basics should stay away.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Same here.
It all depends what you install on it.
You want to put every cydia package there is out there then you will have problems,an unstable phone and terrible battery life.
But again JB is not for everyone. People that dont research or dont even bother to learn the basics should stay away.
I never installed stuff such as animated wallpapers or other trivialities that tended to drain the battery. I want to use my iPhone, not stare at it or try to impress my friends. :)

Antidoll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
Since your friend only has to click 2 times versus the normal 4 clicks, what does your friend do with all of his free time?

very funny!

When you use an in-car bluetooth device, you constantly need to switch bluetooh on/off to save the battery when you're not in your car. Those extra 2 "clicks" can save me some annoyance and is more convenient.

wpotere

Oct 7, 2010
very funny!

When you use an in-car bluetooth device, you constantly need to switch bluetooh on/off to save the battery when you're not in your car. Those extra 2 "clicks" can save me some annoyance and is more convenient.
I use BT in mu car and don't turn it off and on, I just leave it on.

As for battery, I am JB'd and don't have any significant issues with it. It runs down a little faster but I do have some programs installed and running that would cause it.