Just me, or did iPhone 6 battery life significantly improve with 8.1.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kelleybp, Nov 21, 2014.

1. kelleybp macrumors member

I know this is purely anecdotal, but on my last full charge I got nearly 11 hours of usage and over 2.5 days of standby. Before the update I would get about 8.5 of usage and 2 days of standby. Anyone else have a similar experience?

2. its Dale macrumors 6502

My phone battery seems significantly better after the update, albiet i just went through 1 charge cycle. My normal heavy use would last about 12-15 hours until i need a recharge, but the first charge since the update took me to 27 hours before hitting 10%. hopefully it stays like this

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I noticed the same on my 6 Plus though. I get better battery life on 8.1.1 than on 8.1

4. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

I thought the update was only for 4S and Air 2? Or is this one of the small stuff that Apple doesn't list in the update?

If more people can confirm, definitely going to update then..

5. loveleelatina macrumors member

I agree it has deff mad a difference

Attached Files:

• NOW.png
      NOW.png
      File size:
      186.8 KB
      Views:
  6. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

I also saw a difference in my 6 Plus. Slightly better now.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

The update is for all iOS 8 devices. One of the things that's in the update just happens to be specific stability/performance enchantments for older hardware like iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, but there are other things listed in the update, like bug fixes (along with security fixes, and potentially some other less noticeable stability/performance enhancements) that apply in general to all of the devices in one way or another.

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

No it's for all ios 8 devices.

On 8.1 on my ipad mini 3 and my ipod touch and my 6 Plus, I would get jetsam event issue (could be found on diagnostic and usage page), and I mean a ton of those. After updating to 8.1.1, I am no longer getting those jetsam even (low memory, RAM) issues.

9. fiveainone macrumors 6502a

Just what I wanted to hear. Updating OTA now!

10. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

Jimmy James

I suspect that the performance improvement in older devices is the same efficiency leading to better battery life in newer units. It's just that the new phones are so fast that the performance hit is imperceptible.

11. Tobias Funke macrumors 6502a

Tobias Funke

Not updated yet!

To be honest I forgot about 8.1.1!

12. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Oh well. Rather stay jailbroken on 8.1 than some battery improvement on 8.1.1

13. cynics macrumors G4

Just me, or did iPhone 6 battery life significantly improve with 8.1.1?

Notice no difference on my iPhone 6 or 4S as far as battery life go.

Videos.app streaming doesn't seem to be working don't know if that's a big from them trying to fix the caching bug or if it's just something on my end.

14. shawndc86 macrumors newbie

i noticed yesterday while driving almost 2 hrs in rush hour traffic, i played music from a downloaded app soon as i left work i was on 100%, by the time i reached my destination my battery was on 88%, i couldnt believe it