Just my luck - My 2 day old Incipio Feather has a crack

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by aphexii, Dec 9, 2008.

1. aphexii macrumors 6502

Its small granted, but its definitely there. Originates from the headphone jack and goes about 1cm down and to the right.

The case was delivered Friday to my front doorstep, but I didn't open it until I returned back home on Sunday. Used it Sunday afternoon and Monday during the day, then last night when the light hit it just right I noticed the hairline crack.

I just sent Incipio an e-mail, I assume it must be a manufacturing defect as I haven't even really used the case at all, let alone do anything to cause the crack. I bought it directly from their website, so i'm assuming they will take care of me just fine, but I'll be annoyed if they make me pay return shipping to get this back to them.

Anyone else run into this issue before?

EDIT: See update below, Thanks Incipio!

2. dauerhippo macrumors regular

Not that exact issue, but I had an issue with my silacrylic that I had ordered from myincipio.com, and they shippied out a replacement, no questions asked, super fast.

Good luck!

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Sorry to hear that. :( Its such a pain exchanging stuff. I got a feather case (pink, FTW) last week and LOVE it. By fat the best case I've had. Good luck, and I hope you like it once everything is straightened out!

4. aphexii thread starter macrumors 6502

Well definitely want to give credit where due, Incipio responded within an hour or so to my e-mail asking for pics. I sent them and within another 30 minutes they replied back that they had already packed up a replacement and dropped it in the mail.

Now THAT is excellent customer service. I haven't seen anyone else with the feather complain of cracks, so maybe I just got a fluke bad one.

5. larapumkin macrumors regular

go for silicon or leather cases with the shield on:apple:

6. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

And this is relevant how? :confused: