Just notice billing and shipping addresses swapped in my order status

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by redman042, Apr 13, 2015.

1. redman042 macrumors 68020

I've got to get this corrected soon before they try to process my order...

I was just checking order status (obviously way too soon, but I'm obsessing a bit) and noticed they show my work address as my billing address, and my home address as my shipping address. It should be the other way around. If they try to bill my credit card using my work address, I expect it would reject and then my order would get cancelled.

I don't know how this happened. I paid with ApplePay using the card that has been set up as my iTunes default for quite a while. Just selected the watch, tapped ApplePay, put my thumb on the button, and the order was placed.

Might want to check your orders for the same issue. I'll call Apple in the morning and see if they can fix it.

2. Wallabe macrumors 6502a

Try making another order and see what happens. (Just cancel it soon after).

Your account must have defaulted to it that way.

3. zacheryjensen macrumors 6502a

zacheryjensen

I had a similar issue, though, not the wrong shipping, just the wrong billing. I believe something changed with iOS 8.3 and it automatically pulled in all my contact addresses as potential options for the billing address and chose ... stupidly, which should be the default.

Now, to be fair, it shows you these selections when you place an order. I was clearly in too much of a rush to notice and just assumed it was all correct. That was my mistake.

So I called and had it updated. I received an email confirming the update shortly thereafter. That was on the 10th. Today, right now, the order STILL says the wrong address. And frankly... I don't think it will matter. I am fairly sure that the Apple Pay transaction was already successfully pre-authorized with the data as entered and it's not going to change anything about that billing info until that transaction "closes" at the point where the item is shipped. Part of the reason I believe this is that my bank has some wacky wrong info about my CC account, claiming it has significantly more available credit than the maximum limit. So, my theory, the bank's web UI doesn't yet know about how the Apple Pay type of authorizations work and is misrepresenting this open transaction as available credit. The numbers add up to support this theory.

Still, since I already called and updated the info, all that can be done now is wait and hope.

4. redman042 thread starter macrumors 68020

I just called and updated my info. Seemed to go ok. Not sure how it got messed up during the order but like you I didn't verify the info because I was racing to get an order in.

Worth checking this for anyone who preordered and used ApplePay.

5. redman042 thread starter macrumors 68020

I just discovered how this happened. Went into my Passbook settings on my iPhone and discovered that there is a place to designate Billing Address, and my work address was checked. I fixed it and set the proper addresses for my other cards. Didn't even know about this setting until now.