Just noticing display burn in and backlight bleed on late 2011 Macbook Pro-options?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by floobie, Mar 28, 2013.

1. floobie macrumors member

As the subject says, I have a late 2011 Macbook Pro 15" with the glossy high resolution display. It's been working great so far. Lovely computer! But, I've noticed two issues with the display lately:

1) Ghosting/burn in. I noticed when restarting and viewing the grey background, the top menu bar is temporarily burned into the display.

2) I've been editing photos in Aperture lately in fullscreen, which tends to involve much of the screen being black. As such, I've noticed a decent amount of backlight bleed across the top of the display.

So, this laptop is a bit over a year old now. I didn't purchase Apple Care with it, as I've never needed it on any other Apple computers I've had. Is it even worth brining it to a Genius and seeing what they can do for me? Or do I just have to deal with it?

Thanks!

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

You of course can bring it in to the Geniuses and tell them all the problems. Since it is over a year old, you cannot expect they will fix it for free, but you might get lucky. Emphasize how these problems are noticeable in daily use and impact your productivity. You may have to pay to fix it, though.

3. thei0009 macrumors newbie

Hello i am sorry for this being off topic but i would like to know does the 2009 macbook pro have overheating issues.

4. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Like any laptop, there have been complaints of overheating. Just remember that Macs shut down to protect themselves when they get too hot to avoid damage.