Just ordered the 3GS for $199 and I only have less than a year with ATT

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cdesigns, Jun 18, 2009.

1. cdesigns macrumors 6502

Guys I dont know if it suppose to be like this or not, but yesterday my upgrade price was $399 because I only have 8 months with ATT with my iPhone 3G.

I sold my iPhone today on ebay for more than $300 and decided to pre-order the new 3GS, I followed all the instructions for UPGRADE (not add a line) and the price shown was $199 for my new upgrade and 2 year renewal. I bought it right away.

Why was $399 yesterday and today $199. :rolleyes: I'm not complaining I feel lucky for selling my old 3G for $370 :D.

My wife haves also the 3G I will upgrade hers too, as soon I sell hers on ebay.

2. cdesigns thread starter macrumors 6502

I just entered to att.com to upgrade my wifes phone also and her upgrade price is $399, I got the 2 old 3G the same day, hmmmmmm. My first order went thru and it says it will be ship between 7-14 days, hopefully it does. But I wont be ordering the other one for $399

3. AustinSTI macrumors 6502

You probably should have searched or just looked at the home page because the answer was noted yesterday in an ATT press release...

4. RjaylinS06 macrumors member

Well They are giving people early upgrade prices to everyone that's eligable from now till September. Me included :). What cracks me up is all the haters saying we shouldn't be getting this privlege. Hahahaha!! Why shouldn't we? If that's what AT&T wants to do them fall back and let them do that. Now they will have even more people buying them. They realize the 3Gs isn't that big of a difference to pay 500,600 doollars for so give people the upgrade and watch the sales go up even more. Now when a new one comes out next year I don't think we will be so lucky. If not I'll just add a new line sell me 3Gs Nd get an old phone to take on the old line, have them remove the data plan and only pay 9 dollars extra a month:) the things we do for this phone