Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
I finally bit the bullet and ordered the AirPods over the BeatsX.

I have a question for current owners of the AirPods.

Do they fit the same as the Earpods that come with every iPhone? If so, then great, cause those never leave my ears unless the wire gets tugged on.

Second question... 6 weeks to freaking ship... did you guys wait the full estimated time?

jpwins

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013

Do they fit the same as the Earpods that come with every iPhone? If so, then great, cause those never leave my ears unless the wire gets tugged on.

Second question... 6 weeks to freaking ship... did you guys wait the full estimated time?

I cancelled my order from Apple and ordered from ATT. I ordered last Thursday originally said would ship mid March and on Saturday, got email confirmation that they were shipping out and I will received them Tuesday Feb 21. Just ordered a 2nd pair for my husband.

Reactions: Johnny Gilligan

Uncivil11

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2016
In my experience they fit the same. But not having the cord makes a lot nicer. I use at work and only leave one in so I can hear going ons around me.

I used machookup so one day they told me they were available so I ordered and picked up same day.i have a hard time preordering stuff. So it's spur of the moment. My mom preordered and was upset when I got mine before her. She's since contemplated cancelling her order 3-4 times since then.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016

The AirPods fit almost exactly the same as the regular EarPods. And six weeks to ship, Apple tends to deliver ahead of time, even if they predict a later delivery date. Mine were predicted fir a six week delivery range and I received them in half the time.

scrumpyjack

macrumors member
Mar 27, 2016
I heard guys saying Best Buy had them in stock too? Honestly I'd cancel and go elsewhere if I were you. But yes, they're the same fit.

edlex

macrumors 68020
Apr 14, 2010
Miami

You could also place an order from Best Buy since they tend to fulfill faster than Apple. Whoever ships first you can cancel the other.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
I paid £40 extra for mine. I'm impatient and scalpels got the best of me. Over it now.

valenrandy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
I cancelled my order from Apple and ordered from ATT. I ordered last Thursday originally said would ship mid March and on Saturday, got email confirmation that they were shipping out and I will received them Tuesday Feb 21. Just ordered a 2nd pair for my husband.

Let us know if they indeed get delivered today. I am hesitant to order an additional pair from ATT because of the mid march date on the product page.

jpwins

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013
Let us know if they indeed get delivered today. I am hesitant to order an additional pair from ATT because of the mid march date on the product page.

According to the tracking number they are out for delivery today. I also ordered a second pair for my husband because as soon as he heard I was getting them, he wanted them. I ordered yesterday around lunch time from ATT and received a notice that they are being shipped out already with a tracking number.

valenrandy

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
According to the tracking number they are out for delivery today. I also ordered a second pair for my husband because as soon as he heard I was getting them, he wanted them. I ordered yesterday around lunch time from ATT and received a notice that they are being shipped out already with a tracking number.

Thanks!

jpwins

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2013

Delivered! They are awesome. Pairing was so easy.

Attachments

• IMG_1759.JPG
    IMG_1759.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 156

Johnny Gilligan

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2011
Utica, NY

This is awesome news! I haven't cancelled my Apple order yet, but ordered from AT&T last night. Today's status is "Preparing to ship". Hopefully I get a tracking number soon!

Reactions: Arran

Zazoh

macrumors 65832
Jan 4, 2009
San Antonio, Texas
The AirPods fit almost exactly the same as the regular EarPods. And six weeks to ship, Apple tends to deliver ahead of time, even if they predict a later delivery date. Mine were predicted fir a six week delivery range and I received them in half the time.

Same . Except got mine in 4 instead of 6 weeks. Great sound great fit. I don't see how these fall out of ears, but the wired never did on me either.

Reactions: Arran

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Same . Except got mine in 4 instead of 6 weeks. Great sound great fit. I don't see how these fall out of ears, but the wired never did on me either.

My regular EarPods never fell out either. But the weight of the wires surprisingly had an effect for some when the EarPods would fall out, when the Airpods don't have the weight or tug of the wires. And my Airpods fit perfectly for me.

tomtendo

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 29, 2009
Florida
Thanks guys, wish I saw this earlier.

I cancelled from Apple just now and ordered from AT&T website which said February 28-March 2

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I find they fit the same as the wired ones but are more comfortable due to the lack of wires.
I got mine in the first wave of deliveries before Christmas but my daughter decided she wanted some too and was quoted the 6 week delivery: they came about 10 days earlier than that.

I was quite sceptical about them before they came but I absolutely love mine - apart from running headphones when I'm working out they're the only ones I've worn since I got them

hufflematt

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2015
UK
I ordered mine within a few hours of launch. I was given a 31st (ish) December delivery date, but they came before Christmas.

Absolutely love them. Fit beautifully -- just like the wired EarPods -- and have never fallen out. (Except one time when I was taking the hood of my hoodie down and it knocked one of them out.)

So much nicer not to have wires!

The double-tap to pause is a bit hit and miss. The case is a bit of a static dirt magnet. But no regrets at all. Love them.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles

1. Yes, they fit exactly the same as the ones that ship with the iPhone except they are lighter because there are no cabes.
2. I ordered online but ended up cancelling my order when @iStockNow sent me an alert showing stock in a local Apple Store. Picked mine up 2 weeks ago even though the shipment date on my online order would have been 3/8.

Reactions: iStockNow

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2014
I agree they fit even better without cord. Never fall out, even at a quick pace extended walk.

To me they sound very good with music and on calls.

Even better with Movies.

Very happy, the case is fantastic.

Might add I dropped one onto ceramic tile from over 5ft and no issues.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.