Just out of Curiosity, has anyone tried to Jailbreak an IPP?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Andy847, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Andy847 macrumors regular

Andy847

Not that I'm interested in doing it any time soon, not after paying what I did for the 12.9" IPP. I would like to know though if anyone has done it and do you lose some of the capabilities of a regular IPP that has not been Jailbroken, such as Slideover, pencil support, things like that.

I just ask, because I would like to be able to see what capabilities I could use if I ever decide to do it. I have rooted my Android Tablet before and a couple of phones, but never an IOS device. As I said, not looking to do it anytime soon, but one thing I know I could gain from it is a floating window for internet. Thanks in advance.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm fairly certain there is no jailbreak available for the iPad Pro because it shipped with an iOS version that hasn't been jailbroken.

---
    Edit: I think it shipped with iOS 9.1 which was jailbreakable, but within a month 9.2 launched.

3. Andy847 thread starter macrumors regular

Andy847

Now that you mention I remember reading something about that. Thanks though.

4. iOSUser7 macrumors 6502a

iOSUser7

The 12.9" iPad Pro was released on November 11th 2015 whereas the Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.1 was released 4 months later on March 11th 2016 when only iOS 9.2.1 was signed at that time and iOS 9.3 was about to be released so I bet very few people jailbroke their iPad Pro.