Just picked up a Netgear DGND3300 (already own Airport Extreme)...have questions

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by The.316, Dec 20, 2010.

1. The.316 macrumors 65816

The.316

I just picked up a Netgear DGND3300 from my job. We had one lying around, so I thought I would pick it up for cheap. I have an Apple Airport Extreme already, and while I am pretty happy with it, I hate that I have to have it piggy backed off of a modem. The 3300 is a modem and router, and the specs seem to be really good. I just dont know whether I should keep the AE, or go with the 3300. Does anyone have an opinion on the matter?

I have my iMac and MBP connected to my Apple TV, so will I have a problem doing this if I switch to the 3300? Is there anything I would be missing out with my AE, or vice versa? I see that I can connect both to a hard drive, but I really am not sure how to do that, so if anyone can help me out on that as well, Id appreciate it.

Im going to be redoing my room after new years, and this is the biggest thing that has been on my mind. I love my Apple toys, but Im just torn between which product to go with. Help :eek:

2. The.316 thread starter macrumors 65816

The.316