Just picked up a new 13" MBP i7 750gb hd

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Imola Ghost, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Imola Ghost macrumors 65816

When I turned it on I immediately formatted the hard drive and installed the OS Mountain Lion from scratch just because that's the way I normally do when I buy a new laptop.

I since I didn't even boot up the laptop, I didn't get to see if Apple includes any extra software with the purchase of the laptop.

I ask this because when I purchased my last MBP it came with latest version of iPhoto and maybe a few other things.

Does any of these applications come with a new MBP laptop purchase like previous or did they change something?

Since I formatted the hard drive and did a clean install of OSX, if it did or was supposed to come with some applications how would I get them installed since there is no physical install and application dvd's?

2. simsaladimbamba

A Mac still comes with iPhoto, iMovie and Garage Band, but since you reinstalled OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, they are gone now.
    You have to use the Mac App Store (MAS) to download them:
    No Mac coming with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion has physical restore media included.

OS X: About OS X Recovery

If you want to make a bootable installation medium, you can follow these steps:

3. Imola Ghost thread starter macrumors 65816