Just picked up my IP5 at local AT&T store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by buzzbu, Sep 21, 2012.

1. buzzbu macrumors newbie

I am one not to stand in line, especially for hours to get a new Apple product. Don't get me wrong, I love everything Apple and will not ever get another type of phone but just don't see waiting in line for so long. I tried pre-ordering on the 14th but it said that it would be OCT5 to get one. Figure I would try my luck at a store.

Anyway, I had the rest of the afternoon off from work so I called 2 AT&T stores 1 PM EST and the first one was out and said to come tomorrow. The second one said they had 32GB Whites and 64GB blacks in stock in Snelleville, GA.

Drove to the store and 30 minutes later, walked out with White 32GB.

First impressions: holy cow is the IP5 light. I had a IP4S before. LTE is faster than my 30Mbs Charter cable.

Attached Files:

2. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Congrats to you! I lived in Snellville! I could see Stone Mountain from the back yard! Enjoy your phone!

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

I walked right into the Lenox Apple Store at 11 and was done in half an hour.

4. NightCastle macrumors member

So the second place you contacted had them?

Nice. Mine was delivered in Atlanta this morning by 10:30.

I exactly what I wanted. I have to agree that this thing is very light and definitely much faster than the iPhone 4 I have.

----------

I wonder how many people who preordered are kicking themselves for not attempting this.

I lucked out in that I got my preorder in before the first day cutoff.

5. buzzbu thread starter macrumors newbie

Also, while I was checking out, he said they just recieved another shipment but he did not know what was in it yet.

6. Stayfly2407 macrumors 6502

Stayfly2407

Why does yours say 4G if your getting let results?? Its supposed to say "LTE" at the top with those speeds:confused:

7. buzzbu thread starter macrumors newbie

Because when I tested the LTE, I was outside the store. When I did a screen shot, it was in my house where I don't get LTE inside.

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3

To be fair, my first pick was the black 64, but I decided I would let randomness decide. I haven't had a white one yet so it will be a nice change. I wasn't worried about the alleged scuffing as my Seiko 5 looks nice with age.