Just picked up the new Sony Internet TV and Unboxed it

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by cis4life, Oct 17, 2010.

1. cis4life macrumors regular

First Off,

I'm an apple boy, but I did find the google tv catching my attention so I had to go and pick one up. So far it's really cool (Can't wait for my apple tv to release some of these features). But I did do an unboxing video so you all can see what comes with it. I'll be doing a second video shortly about the features of it.

So here it is if your intrested:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uas4Fqdxfsc

Cedric

2. Skika macrumors 68030

3. Dobbs2 macrumors 6502

Not a bad video. You scared me a little when the steak knife came out to open the box though! LOL. Enjoy your new toy.

4. realeric macrumors 6502a

realeric

Nice video. It looks like a home PC with a Fan :eek:, HDMIs, LAN, WiFi, Keyboard, Blu Ray Disk. I'm going to keep my Apple TV2.

5. cis4life thread starter macrumors regular

lol

yeah i agree; ill be happy as well when apple open up the apple tv to support these features. for now this is heaven to me.

cedric

6. DJinTX macrumors 6502

I haven't seen this player in person yet, but in photos I just find it very unappealing. It just looks like those space saving clock radios that you see in people's kitchen attached to the underside of their cabinet. Hopefully it looks better in person.

it does have some nice features though. I know there are plenty of people who have zero interest in surfing the internet in the living room, but I would like it myself. Would come in very handy. I have big hopes for the ATV2 once it gets an app store or is jailbroken.

7. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

Thanks for the video! I'm in the market for a new TV so i might just get the Sony 32" Internet LED/LCD TV.

I was just at the local Best Buy. The salesperson said i can connect an external HD directly to the TV and it will play the video. Is this true? And does it have a full featured web broswer?

8. EstrlM3 macrumors 6502