Just placed an order through Apple.com...Will decide on my BestBuy order from earlier

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Built, Jun 15, 2010.

  1. Built macrumors 68020

    Oct 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Ok...Call me fickle...or overly cautious...

    I pre-ordered a Black 32GB this morning at Best Buy. Good experience. I was 3rd for the 32GB Black and 6th overall.

    Since I can never seem to take NO for an answer, I decided to try Apple.com again this afternoon, and...wouldn't you know...it processed me all the way through to the cart with the Black 32GB. I kept saving the cart over and over until I decided I might as well order...

    These are my reasons...

    1. My first choice really was (when I woke up this AM) to have the iPhone delivered to my house, and have ME be the first human (after the factory workers who made it, of course) to touch it. I wanted to be able to activate it at my leisure.

    2. I figured I can track the Apple.com order through the process over the next few days. If it doesn't ship by the 22nd, or 23rd, I can either call up and cancel, or if it is too late, I can bring it into a store unopened later on to return it.

    3. If it ships by the 22nd, or 23rd, I will call BB to cancel my pre-order, which just means that one more person on the list can get the phone (assuming BB does not receive enough).

    4. The threads regarding activation problems got me thinking...as they were intended to do...If things were so bad today, I can only imagine the meltdown on the 24th when EVERYBODY is trying to activate, with all the various permutations (family accounts, multiple lines, FANS, etc.) AT&T is clearly not up to the task. Instead, if I receive the iPhone on the 24th, I can unbox it, and patiently wait until the 26th or 27th (I believe I can do that. :))
    If I pick it up from BB on the 24th, I have to activate it there, and that can be a lengthy process. Of course, I can alway set my BB appointment for the 26th or 27th.

    I am just looking at giving myself options. As long as Apple ships ASAP before the 24th, for delivery on the 24th, I will stick with that...and release another iPhone for a BB buyer.

    OK...flame away...:D
  2. wingnut8 macrumors 65816


    Jun 8, 2007
    I preordered one from best buy as well, then got a reservation from apple. Although I'll have to drive 45 mins to the apple store at 5am I'm leaning towards apple because I think they're more reliable than BB. I'll be out the $50 deposit but at least it's on a gift card.
  3. Built thread starter macrumors 68020

    Oct 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for the response, wingnut. I am glad I am not the only one. :) (Even though I am comfortable with my decision/strategy, it is always good to know that other people have done the same. LOL)

    I can ALWAYS use the 50 dollar gift card. BB gets LOTS of my money. I just feel bad (and shouldn't because, after all, it's business) because they were so nice!

Share This Page