Just purchased the iPhone 6+ from Regent Street, London...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by maka344, Oct 23, 2014.

1. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

And the screen has dust particles clumbed together in the centre. In addition, the vibrate is very loud, much louder than my 6 to the extend it's not really vibrate if it's this loud.

My question is, I called Apple and they said they have no stock, do they keep brand new replacements in stores for instant exchanges?

2. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

Yes the Apple store should have a white box unit, at this point could be new or refurb unit. If you are within the return window, I would just return the device and wait for the 6 Plus becomes more available.

3. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

I bought it two hours ago.

So they won't have retail units available for DOA devices?

4. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I don't think Apple sets a side a few brand new retail box set aside for exchange purposes. Once it's out of stock, it will be out of stock and you would have to wait until they get more in stock.

Other than that, the Genius Bar does have replacement units readily available. But of course you bought it brand new, so I would say use what you have for less than 2 weeks. Once the 6 Plus becomes available then d the exchange.

5. IndoX macrumors 6502

They do however dust particles under the display is not considered a DOA product. You'll have to get it exchanged through the Genius Bar.

6. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

Thanks buddy - I'll stick with it until I reserve another one when I manage to get one. They seem to be getting in them daily.

7. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

If I exchange it for a Genius Bar iPhone, will I still be able to get a refund if I don't wish to keep the device?

8. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

No, once you replace the device at the genius bar, you can no longer return the device as the serial number on the box does not match with the phone.

However, it will vary, I've heard that some were successful in returning a replacement unit with the box for a full refund. But it all depends on who you talk to, and you probably want to talk with the store manager.

9. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

If you want a brand new in sealed box you will need to return and rebuy.

10. maka344 thread starter macrumors 6502a

maka344

11. vyas22 macrumors newbie

I had just had a similar issue in Stratford, bought the phone and went home to open it, turned it on and the screen had lines down the middle and colours running up and down the side on boot screen, took it back and staff told me it was DOA and that they had new units for genius bar set aside but they also had normal stock so just swapped it out for me within 5 minutes, opened it to test in store this time and all was good.