Just read this.. (T-Mobile)

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
You can already use an unlocked iPhone on T-Mobile right now.
BTW, Sprint and Verizon iPhones are not completely unlocked. They only work with GSM carriers outside of the USA, not AT&T or T-Mobile.

All the article is saying that T-Mobile will offer support to those on iPhones as they do not currently do that.

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
Sprint and verizon versions will not work as they are unlocked for international use only

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
My god. There's no way out for me then from Sprint. I bought the iPhone 4S full price.. and yet it's only semi-unlocked... Guess there's no hope for this.

Johnny Steps

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2011
I'd end up losing money regardless... At least if I stayed with Sprint till this October I'd be out of my contract and I could've just switched.

If I sell my phone I won't get full price.
I'll have to buy ANOTHER phone at full price...

I'll just wait it out till iPhone 5 comes out and just buy that one full price from Apple to make sure it's truly unlocked.

xxcysxx

macrumors 6502
Oct 12, 2011
So what if tmobile support iPhone, you still only get edge speed Internet on their network. Even the wifi tether is excruciating slow.

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
My brother just left T-Mobile after three iPhones with them. EDGE network was killing him and never once did he get the promised 3G. Jailbroken iPhones only benefited him while he was on WiFi and $45 per month unlimited text, unlimited calls and unlimited data was a great deal. He recently joined AT&T and purchased (3) iPhone 4S' and he couldn't be happier...:cool:

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
You can always try simpletalk. It works on ATT MNVO network and it works with either att locked or unlocked gsm phones. Iphone works out of the box except for mms for which you will need jailbreak. Its $45 a month for unlimited everything as well. You get 3g HSPA + network with iphone 4s and there are LTE phones and plans coming soon.

Sixtafoua

macrumors 6502
May 29, 2009
Boston, MA
Don't know how anyone could be happy with edge speeds.
EDGE isn't that slow, I'm replying to you on my T-Mobile iPhone's EDGE connection right now, and it's not that bad, people are just so impatient these days, they think they NEED 4G, when they could get away with using EDGE.

Jordan921

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
EDGE isn't that slow, I'm replying to you on my T-Mobile iPhone's EDGE connection right now, and it's not that bad, people are just so impatient these days, they think they NEED 4G, when they could get away with using EDGE.
You may be happy with it. But when there isn't any 3G service and I have to use Edge it is painfully slow.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I think TMO has done more to confuse people than anything. Literally nothing has changed with TMO USA and using an iPhone on their network. What HAS changed is that TMO is simply offering some official tech support for those using this hardware on their network.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.