Just received my macbook pro 15", I fully charged it: Says 3 hrs 25 mins remaining?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SethRogen, Nov 8, 2011.

1. SethRogen macrumors 6502

So I fully charged my laptop, clicked on battery and says 3:25 remaining. I thought this had 7 hours?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Your time remaining is a constantly-changing estimate, based on the current power demands on your system. This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

3. Mersailios macrumors regular

The time remaining for your battery is dependant on a number of factors, including (but not limited to) the applications that you are running, processor usage, and screen brightness.

Open System Information (located in /Applications/Utilities) and take a look at the section labelled "Power" by selecting it from the left hand side. What does it show for the health of your battery (full charge, remaining charge, etc.)?

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the link I posted.

5. darkmaxdevil macrumors member

at the full charge capacity. I say the battery is normal.

6. Jrv macrumors regular

The 7 hour estimate is at half screen brightness with light browsing (no flash or other graphic-intensive uses).

7. Mersailios macrumors regular

1. What applications are you currently running?
    2. Which graphics processing unit is enabled?
    To find out which graphics processing unit is enabled, select "Graphics/Displays" in System Information, then select each graphics processing unit in the list until you see the resolution of your display which indicates the active GPU.

8. hfg macrumors 68040

hfg

Just read the above mentioned faq ... and calibrate your battery gauge.

You also may find you get better battery performance after a few charge cycles.

9. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Newer Mac portables with built-in batteries come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration, as stated in the Battery FAQ.