Just received Verizon iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryann9182, Sep 25, 2012.

1. bryann9182 macrumors regular

Like the topic states, just received it. I know there's 100 threads on this already, but nothing has been concluded.

How do you activate this phone onto your own personal line if you purchased the phone with another lines upgrade? I am at work til 9pm est tonight, so Verizon customer support will likely be closed.

I want to avoid needing a new SIM/24 hour transfer rule if possible. I am not going to turn the device on when I get it.

Will a simple activate/switch device on the Verizon website work if the phone has never been turned on? I know there are plenty of threads on this, but people keep posting different stuff

Please post here what worked for YOU. If I mess this up ill have a $200 paper weight for god knows how long, so all help is appreciated. Again, sorry for another thread on this :/

2. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Okay so I did this and this has worked for ME

I called Verizon. They activated it on my line first and then instructed me. So call them.

3. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

:(

Of course I'm stuck at work until 9 on the day I get the phone. Unless Verizon support is available past that? I doubt it though. Did you need the other phone when you called?

4. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know if calling is necessary for activation if I purchased the phone this way? Has anyone done it online?

5. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

I wouldn't do it online. The chance of screwing up your unlimited is much greater. Call in and do what they tell you.

6. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

Already lost unlimited data through the upgrade itself

7. Fanboi4life macrumors regular

Fanboi4life

A representative has to do it. You can't do it online...

8. jester0723 macrumors regular

9. jetlitheone macrumors 6502a

Closes at 12 eastern I think.

10. DayOfChaos macrumors 6502

They close at 11PM EST.

11. Erock2 macrumors member

you have to activate it and then take it off the account and then next day, tomorrow morning you can activate it back on your number.

12. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

You have to call in/go in and have them do it, otherwise it's the 24hr waiting time to do it online.

/thread

13. bryann9182 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks guys.

Hate to be a pain in the ass, but would someone be kind enough to post the number you dialed to activate? I'm at work with very bad cell reception and no Internet, so I can't do much searching around.