Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Holy crap it's Fedex!!!!!!!!!! My powerbook is sitting on the table and i can't use it because i have to wait for my father to get home. This is gong to be the longest day ever. I have to wait till 5:00 pm est. I got anxious and took everything out. I was just staring at the powerbook and i accidentally turned it on. I'm serious, it was an accident, i'm not trying to be funny. I seriously didn't mean to turn it on. I didn't want to just turn it off becuae that could be bad. So i went through the basic setup and then when i got to the main screen i shut it down. I really hope my dad doesn't get pissed when he sees my name in the computer already.

discoforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 27, 2004
Vermont, USA
JzzTrump22 said:
Holy crap it's Fedex!!!!!!!!!! My powerbook is sitting on the table and i can't use it because i have to wait for my father to get home. This is gong to be the longest day ever. I have to wait till 5:00 pm est. I got anxious and took everything out. I was just staring at the powerbook and i accidentally turned it on. I'm serious, it was an accident, i'm not trying to be funny. I seriously didn't mean to turn it on. I didn't want to just turn it off becuae that could be bad. So i went through the basic setup and then when i got to the main screen i shut it down. I really hope my dad doesn't get pissed when he sees my name in the computer already.

How could any father be upset over such obvious enthusiasm? :p

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I really don't know why, i guess he just wants to see it from the beginning. He doesn't know mac, neither do i. This is the first mac in the house and i'm getting so itchy just waiting. I don't know what to do. I have to hold off untill 5:00. He did buy it for me as a gift so i guess he wants to be ther with me. I've been wanting one for a year. I can't wait, any ideas on what to do while i wait so i don't start pulling my hair out? I feel a little guilty accidentally turning it on. I truly didn't mean to do it. I hope he doesn't get upset. He's known for getting upset over little things like that.

abhishekit

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2003
akron , ohio
Probably he thinks it would need a lot of setting up to do, like windows. So he wants to have that excitement. :D Well, he is going to be disappointed there , coz there is not much to set up, everything just works..

cheers and enjoy.

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
why don't you call your dad and just ask him if you can open it?

Lee Tom

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I opened it already. I also accidentally turned it on. Then once it was on i had to go through the initial setup. So once i finished the short little setup i shut down the computer from the main screen. I can't beleive i didn't realize it was the power button i accidentally pressed. Oh well. I could just use it, but i would feel guilty because my dad asked me not to use it, i really want to be obedient. So i don't think i'm going to use it, as much as it kills me.

BTW, does it have to be on to charge the battery? or can i just stick it in the wall and start to charge it up to start calibrating the battery?

musicpyrite

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2004
Cape Cod
When your father gets home, why don't you just re-install Panther? The install of Panther is the easiest I've ever seen, I just asks you stuff like your name, address and timezone, you want complicated install? Try Slackware or Debian, or Gentoo.

BTW, what are the specs on your computer?

When I got my iMac, I also had to wait for my father to get home, luckly I only had to wait 1 hour, but that was still murder. But just like you, I took it out of the box, looked at it, and examined it. It's so hard to resist! :D

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
I want to kill myself, it's so hard to just look at it sitting there and you can't use it.... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Specs: 15", 1.5, 2 x 256, 128 vram, 5400 hd, combo drive (didn't see a need for super drive)

KiDrOck80

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2003
Syracuse, NY
One thing you could do to pass the time is check out the manuals and things it came with...thats what i did for like a day straight when i got my Sony Vaio..but i guess in your case it would just make you even more anxious.lol. I still have a year until i can get my PB :( ...but i know it will be worth the wait :D

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
is it possible to charge the battery while the machine is off? Or do i have to turn it on to start charging?

JzzTrump22

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 13, 2004
New York
Well i'm officially allowed to use it now.It's a bit wierd but i'll get used to it.

I have a question, how do you delete items off of the desktop? And is there anything i should know or do right now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.