Just returned my iPhone 6... Now the waiting game.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Souskei, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Souskei macrumors member

Ok, well I just wanted to share my experience..

I had the iPhone 6 since launch day, and I loved every bit of it.. But since launch day, I also visited the apple store everyday (i work right next to one) and played with the 6 plus. I thought everyday I had the 6 how I would like the plus. And I finally realized if I keep thinking about the plus, I'm not 100% happy with the 6. And also I loved the bigger screen of the plus- and all in all, it felt more of an upgrade to me. I'm a gamer and do a lot of video watching and ALOT of internet stuff, so naturally the bigger screen was a plus for me. I got the 6 because I thought portablilty was an issue, but after trying it for two weeks, i don't see how the plus would be THAT much different. I've texted one handed with the plus (albeit in store) without issue. And am anticipating all the jailbreak tweaks that will make the plus so much easier to use one handed. (Gridlock, infindock, and folder enhancer come to mind).
    Anyways, I returned my 6 today in hopes a 6+ shows up soon at my apple store.

I wear slim - skinny jeans (Levi's 514 slim straight and Levi's classic skinny) and wear dickies skinny straight to work, and every time I put the plus in my pocket it fit nicely. I'm 5' 10 and have regular hands.

And FTR apple told me the 14 days started when I preordered my phone. Not the day I received it. The employee had to have a manager over ride the return process. Which then he said I should check with my NEXT reset eligibility because their systems 14 days started when I preorderd as well. (Which still hasn't reset - 3 hours later)

Thanks for reading. Good day. :)

2. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

3. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Both should be 14 days from when you receive the phone. I am positive it is for apple..and makes no sense for AT&T to be different.

4. chiawen.yang macrumors member

AT&T is different, the 14 day countdown starts the day you preorder it, sept 12. So you lost 7 days if you received it on the 19th... Yeah, got lucky when I called and wanted to switch to the Next plan and AT&T told me. I kept thinking it started the day you received your phone/release date. I said "whaaaa" over the phone to the lady and went staight to the Apple Store.

5. TSloper74 macrumors member

I went through the same nonsense this afternoon regarding the 14 day return window. When I returned the iPhone 6 the system at Apple said I was out of the window. Apparently they started counting the day the phone was ordered not the day it was delivered (release day). The Apple store didn't give me any hassle but trying to get AT&T to manually reset my eligibility was a total failure. I ended up purchasing my 6+ out of pocket as device only but the upside is that it is now unlocked (make sure you restore in iTunes if you buy device only on AT&T).

It was a frustrating experience. You would think that after years of this Apple and AT&T would have a robust system that makes life easy for its customers.

I also find the Apple stores themselves to be a less than fun experience. You walk in and it is complete disarray on the people front. You never can tell who you should be speaking with. A little color coding in their uniforms would go a long way.

6. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I don't see how it can be legal to start a return window before a customer has physically received the product. By AT&T's logic, anyone with a delayed shipping date may never have a usable return window at all.

7. BlueGoldAce macrumors 68000

Glad it worked out for you. Make sure AT&T gets there stuff together... No reason to be locked in contract if you bought the iPhone outright.