Just saw a couple buy 16 iPhones at Main Place Naperville

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abs_p, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Abs_p macrumors 6502a

Yeah so just saw a couple buy 16 iPhones. Yes 16 before the manager refused to sell them anymore "We have to make sure other people get the phone they want too".

I was there to return something and I asked if I could walk in and purchase a full priced Verizon and the guy said "We got plenty of stock and you can see not many people in line, you should get the phone you want, yes".

Something tells me the phone either isn't selling as well as we thought it would OR they have more than enough stock and the limteid supply reports were BS.

2. sfwalter macrumors 68000

sfwalter

Not all places have enough stock. You just may have hit a lucky store. Woodfield ran out pretty quickly.

3. Shadowbech macrumors 601

All depends on where you are. Apple store near me are out of stock with Space Gray model of the Verizon variant and I wanted that color and model. But I went with Silver. I still have the Space Gray on pre-order (dec. 1-8), i'm still going to keep that. However, I'm still going to check tomorrow to see if they still have one available of what I want.

4. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess you guys are right yea, but letting one customer buy so many iPhones who are clearly planning on sending it to China and scalping it and the manager was clearly irked and then refused to sell them any more phones finally.

5. deany macrumors 68030

deany

6. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

I’m in the Oakbrook store now. They seem to still have phones for now. They are passing out numbers... People are patiently waiting.

Typing this on the X, BTW. Not bad... just a test post.

7. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

I think Oakbrook would have more people because it's inside the mall, Naperville Store is in the downtown on the street and it's kinda cold outside so people are probably preferring to go to the OakBrook store.

8. ukms macrumors regular

ukms

Business purchase ? .... not everyone is reselling them

9. Ladybug macrumors 68000

Ladybug

Thats a lot of phones. If there was long lines I'd have them move to the end of the line after each two they purchased lol.

10. allthingsapple! macrumors regular

I grew up in Naperville and, as you probably know, it is a wealthier area so I wouldn't be shocked if they were using them as Christmas gifts for family members.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Apple store near me had no lines so if one wanted to scalp he could purchase then go outside reserve another and do it all over again.

12. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

So look. I’m still playing with the phone and next to me a couple is buying two phones. Their credit card was declined. The man says he just used to card to buy phones at other locations!

Instead of being denied, the woman pulls out an envelope of cash so they can pay for the phones.

Maybe these are the ones who just bought the 16 phones in Naperville, lol

Let me quit playing on this phone and do what I came here for....

13. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

Describe them lol, was it a red amex card? LOL. I am thinking they are the ones!

14. naturalstar macrumors 6502a

naturalstar

Asian couple - sounded like they were speaking Chinese. He was tall wearing a grey jacket and had a black backpack. She was short wearing a black three-quarter length jacket. The envelope she pulled out from her purse was a Chase bank envelope. They had a friend come up to them in a blue quilt jacket - like those thin North Face jackets. He wasn’t thrilled they had to use cash, but I guess the bank wouldn’t remove the hold on the card. They had a LOT of cash.

I couldn’t see the front of the card, but the back of it was black and the rim was red.

15. Abs_p thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yup they are the one, I am 99% sure. Pretty sure those phones are going to China.

16. jaexprojectxd macrumors member

jaexprojectxd

I was with my sister at the same store on 10/19 to buy an iPhone 8 Plus on the IUP (attending our cousin’s wedding the next day) I’m pretty sure it was the same people trying to return a few IP8s and some AW3s.....

17. NocturnalJazz macrumors regular