Just saw the matte anti glare display MacBook Pro’s and…

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cosrocket, Oct 6, 2009.

1. cosrocket macrumors regular

Whoa, are they gorgeous! I’m talking about the design now. Whether or not you prefer the glass covered display or matte anti glare display, the design benefits greatly from having the matte display. The aluminum surround with the thin black rubber border is SO much better looking than the thick black border of the glass covered display. That is one classy design! Now as far as the quality of the display is concerned even though the Apple site says the glass-covered display makes for richer color and deeper blacks the matte display had beautiful rich colors and very deep blacks to me. The one upside to the glass covered display to me is that the display itself is protected and I would think easier to clean.

Does anyone know if the matte display panel is the same as the panel behind the glass of the standard version? Or does Apple charge the $45 premium just because if you want the anti glare display you have to pony up the bucks?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. prodigee macrumors 6502a

It is the exact same as the glossy display, the only difference is that the matte covering vs the glass. That is what causes difference in what you see.

There is no doubt that the display is gorgeous, but personally I like the "pop" the glossy option offers over the matte display. And I like the black bezel more than the aluminum bezel. But thats just my $.02

4. sycho macrumors 6502a

sycho

It's not the same panel. The glossy has a glossy display under the glass. You can tell this but seeing that there are two reflections in a bright room with the backlight off.

5. akm3 macrumors 68020

Is the glossy display glass panel really glass glass? I don't mean looks, I mean physically. Like glass like a window? Like I clean it with windex glass? Soprano sings too loud and it shatters glass?

6. shambo macrumors 6502a

shambo

7. 7even macrumors 6502a

Yeah, the panel is the same, verified by the panel model number, though the coating may be slightly different (because like sycho said above, you can see a second reflection under the glass..) Looks like a semi-glossy coating on the "glossy" panels and a matte coating on the "anti-glare" panels.