Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Natesac

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 29, 2008
Dallas,Tx
I just got done with my craigslist deal. I put it up 3 days ago for $425 (with original box,charger,cable + incase convertible book jacket) EXCELLENT CONDITION NO DINGS OR SCRATCHES.

Had a few emails. mostly people trying to lowball me mentioning that they are announcing the new one next week. So even people who are not into the tech scene (like MR members ;) know about the impending announcement. I dropped the price to $400 and it sold fast.

My advice is if you are planning to sell you current iPad to upgrade to the next one, SELL SOON TO AVOID THE CRAZY PRICE DROP IN RESALE MARKET.

Its not like reselling iPhones, you can jailbreak and unlock them to make them hold their value.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
I wasn't sure what the announcement would do so I sold my iPad 64g for 549 on Sunday. Others were asking for more but I figure for a 10 month old iPad, it was a good deal.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
nice, I’m trying to get $300 for a mint 16gig ipad wifi model.
I just threw it up on craigslist. Hopefully I don’t get only the low ballers

Mjmar

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2008
Do you think $450 for a 32gb. wifi and an Apple case is reasonable?

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
$300 for a mint wifi model should be easy to get. I sold mine last night on CL for $350 to the first person that responded. He didn't want to wait for a refurb...

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
nice, I’m trying to get $300 for a mint 16gig ipad wifi model.
I just threw it up on craigslist. Hopefully I don’t get only the low ballers

I posted my iPad 32GB WiFi model for $450 on Craigslist and within 20 minutes I got an offer for $200 cash, Sometimes I just don't understand people's thought process.

Loves2spoon

macrumors 65816
Jun 3, 2010
California
I posted my iPad 32GB WiFi model for $450 on Craigslist and within 20 minutes I got an offer for $200 cash, Sometimes I just don't understand people's thought process.

lol, just like the people who put "god bless" after they try and low ball you...

like telling me your a bible banger is going to make me lower the price for you.

Kadin

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2009
Ahhhhh the idiots of CL. Have to love their persistence. Obviously it must work for some of them. But yeah, I always get a laugh and resist replying even though I wanna berate them...

CrAkD

macrumors 68040
Feb 15, 2010
Boston, MA
I sold my 32g with apple case to a family friend for $400 I wasn't going to sell cause I wanted to avoid the hassle but it kinda fell in my lap

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US

You never hunt for a bargain? Someone offering you $200 is likely looking for the "distressed seller" who needs a very quick sale for some reason. Offerer is looking for the seller that then counter offers something well below $450 and higher than $200, with a goal of meeting somewhere in the middle.

I'm just gonna wait till next week or so to sell my 32G 3G. By that time apple won't be selling the first gen iPad anymore at current prices, hopefully, and value can go up a bit.

Yeah, there's a flood of units for sale now and likely for a few days past the 11th. That coupled with Apple clearing stock is putting a lot of cheap first-gen ipads on the market. I'd expect prices to come up some towards the end of the month then stabilize for a while.

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010
I'm just gonna wait till next week or so to sell my 32G 3G. By that time apple won't be selling the first gen iPad anymore at current prices, hopefully, and value can go up a bit.

Pgherardi

macrumors newbie
Aug 7, 2010
The time to sell was really yesterday. My ebay auction ended an hour before the announcment and I got $500 for my 32gb wifi. I'm very happy.

SteveKnobs

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
CMU
Do you use eBay or craigslis? I'm new to selling things online so I'm sort of confused about the whole process.

I tried Craigslist for about a week and got some pretty weak offers. I kind of regret not going with the $450 offer I got though. Ebay's fees are ridiculous...$42.00! But I'm happy with what I got and I'm certainly glad I got rid of it before yesterday's announcement.

The time to sell was really yesterday. My ebay auction ended an hour before the announcment and I got $500 for my 32gb wifi. I'm very happy.

That's pretty sick. I was hoping for that amount when I sold mine.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
You never hunt for a bargain? Someone offering you $200 is likely looking for the "distressed seller" who needs a very quick sale for some reason. Offerer is looking for the seller that then counter offers something well below $450 and higher than $200, with a goal of meeting somewhere in the middle.

all the time, that is why I priced my iPad $50 more than I actually was hoping to get so that I can negotiate down. My goal was $400, I price it at $450 and I'll tell the buyer that I'll make him a deal and sell it for $400 even. They think they're getting a deal and I'm actually getting what I originally wanted.

But $200 as a first offer is just comical.

toromac

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2008
lol, just like the people who put "god bless" after they try and low ball you...

like telling me your a bible banger is going to make me lower the price for you.

another great example of how religion is misused... ppl think just b/c they are religious they somehow get a free pass. in my opinion, I am more likely to think an atheist to be a good person that a christian, with such ubiquitous hypocrisy.

sparkstsa

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I gave my buddy a deal. Sold him my 32GB wifi iPad with apple case, otterbox defender case for $300.

PharmDoc

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2010
I've posted my 3G 16GB for $490 and I haven't received any offers yet. I've set it low because I got it for 25% off on Black Friday through employee and other discounts that day. My total price was $535 but I should have sold it two weeks ago and I could have actually made money. LOL.

saving107

macrumors 603
Oct 14, 2007
San Jose, Ca
less than 24hrs after posting my ad on Craigslist, it is now sold.

I managed to get $425 for my 32GB model (WiFi only), which is fine because for me I found 32GB to be a little much, especially now that iOS 4.3 has iTunes Home Sharing (I have less of a need to want to put so much media into my devices), so this time I will be getting a 16GB model which starts at $499.

I really didn't think I would have sold this quickly.

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
Ahhhhh the idiots of CL. Have to love their persistence. Obviously it must work for some of them. But yeah, I always get a laugh and resist replying even though I wanna berate them...

Haha same here! I have my 64GB 3G on there now (just for kicks until my free prepaid shipping box from Gazelle arrives LOL), and some idiot emailed me and said "I'll give you $500 since that's the going rate and this is already obsolete" LOL. Like this guy dictates what the "going rate" is. :rolleyes: I didn't respond. :p

I locked in Gazelle's offer the morning iPad 2 was announced, so locked in my offer before they dropped, so they'll give me $625. I listed it on CL for $700 with a wall mount kit and 3 cases, just in case. But it looks like Gazelle will be easier, faster, and then I'll just sell the cases separately I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.