Just Sold my 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by EricSjos, Sep 11, 2012.

1. EricSjos macrumors member

So I just sold my iPhone 4S to get some money for the New iPhone when it releases next week. The only thing that worries me is that the only extra phone I have laying around right now is just a normal flip phone.

My question is, if I switch to this normal phone for a week, will I lose the unlimited data plan I currently have with Verizon or can normal phones have unlimited data also?

2. ah123 macrumors regular

Isn't the data allowance on your contract rather than your phone? I.e. if you use the 'dumb' phone, you will simply stop using the data allowance for a couple of weeks or so.

3. chris2k5 macrumors 6502a

If you switch to a flip or dumb phone, they remove the data plan from your account. When you readd it, there is no guarantee it will still be there. Best bet is to just buy a cheap smart phone on Craigslist to hold you over.

4. KPOM macrumors G5

Call up Verizon and make sure they put you on an unlimited plan on the flip phone and you should be OK. Better yet, just pick up a prepaid phone from anyone and have your Verizon number forwarded to it in the meantime.

5. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

The unlimited data is on your contract. Does not matter what phone you put the sim into.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

He's on Verizon, so there is no SIM. They need to manually register the phone onto the network.

7. AT101ET macrumors 6502

As posted above, regardless of the phone, you still have the unlimited data as its a plan. However, some phones don't have a 3G feature so you may not be able to use it in the meantime, but as soon as you put the sim in a phone with the capabilities, you'll be fine.

8. riveting macrumors 6502

Some cheap android phone can be easily found for less than $100 on craiglist, I think it would work much better than a flip phone as your temporal solution.