Just sold my Classic MBP 2.5GHz 250GB, but bought another one at EDU price $1199...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SFStateStudent, Feb 19, 2009.

1. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

so I was just wondering if there were anymore colleges or universities offering the same MBP at a similar price? I mean how many of these deals are still out there, since the Apple Store Online doesn't have any Classic MBP 2.5 17" refurbs for sale for less than $1899? :eek:

2. Intense macrumors regular

3. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ I thought so as well. The closest deal to that was another campus was selling the same Classic MBP 2.5GHz 250GB 15.4" Matte for $1399... :eek:

4. UbuntuFu macrumors regular

i bought one at ucsd for 1199 in november. in january this still had some but i think they have finally sold out of them.

5. VTECaddict macrumors 6502

UCLA had them for 1199 since december-ish. not sure if they sold out yet.

if course, they dropped the price AFTER i bought my unibody. that price would have definitely made me go with the prev gen instead.

6. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

interesting that all UC's had similar prices of $1199, while the CSU's had theirs at $1399 and they have current stock at about (50+). With the extra $200 the UC's were still throwing in the HP printer and Applecare for a price of $1544 OTD. CSU's explained that they bought their same MBPs for a higher price therfore they are selling at their lowest possible price. I'm thinkin' the CSU's are a bit on the greedy side and that as supply dwindles and demand increases, they'll eventually sellout...:eek:

7. hypmatize macrumors regular

yeah down here in CSUF the bookstore managed to sell all the classic macbook/pro's last semester so the prices never got that low.

and probably csu was selling more expensive is that they rely more on state funding which was cut back recently so everything went up :/

Great deal btw

8. JMann2380 macrumors newbie

Anyone willing to pick one of these up for me? I am a student in Ohio (Kent State University) but my edu discount isn't even CLOSE to this. I would be willing to show my appreciation with a few bucks ;)

If so, email me... jmanley(at)kent.edu

Thanks,
    Josh

9. SFStateStudent thread starter macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, San Francisco State University has (50+) Classic MBP 2.5GHz 250GB $1399 plus tax; and (10+) Classic MBP 2.4GHz 200GB $1299, while both come with an HP Inkjet F4280. You can buy AppleCare for $239, but I've found better deals on eBay for $175 and free shipping. All you need is a SFSU ID card and you can buy as many as you like... :cool: PM me and I can get additional information to you. If this is too much information and maybe something that should go on the Marketplace Forum, please feel free to move this part of the thread or remove it and I'll re-post in the appropriate forum. Thanks, SFSS...

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Damn. My school only sells the latest computer and their price is the same as the Apple Retail Store.

11. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

what? not entitled to student discount? none? :eek: