Just sold my iMac: MBP non alu. vs MB alu

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nojja, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Nojja macrumors member

hello.

I just sold my 2.4 ghz iMac ALU, which i bought on launch day.

Either i can buy a used Macbook Pro 2.2 Ghz, 2 GB, 8600 GT 128 MB in mint condition but with no guaranty. Or i could buy a Macbook Alu 2.0 Ghz.

The fact that the MBP do not have a guarantee scares me a bit. I do like the bigger screen and the old design with all silver.

[​IMG]

What would you do? Most of you maybe would focus on the screen size and say "Hey, just buy the MB and get a external display for home use".

Which has the best graphic card? Is the display better quality on the MBP? Is it risky buy laptops used? What should i look at if i get to try it before i buy it?

2. McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

Will you need firewire? If so go with the MBP.
    I think you can find a good price for a new or refrubished MBP of the previous generation.

As for the used ones, I am not sure but other forum members can answer if you can buy apple care to cover the warranty?

3. Nojja thread starter macrumors member

No i do not need firewire. Ill have to add like 150 $ from what i sold my imac to buy the MBP pictured which is over 1 year old and therefore cannot be used with apple care:/

4. ftored macrumors regular

ftored

Well i would go with the new macbook.;). Having warranty on a machine of this cost is a must, as a lot of things can wrong. Hopefully they wont but you never know.

If you are not that much into gaming i am sure the macbook would suit you just fine.:)

5. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

I'd go with the Macbook because of the warranty situation.