Just sold my iPhone 4 for a Windows Phone.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WAM2, May 2, 2012.

1. WAM2 macrumors 6502a

WAM2

Yup. Not trying to start any OS Fights.

Basicly I Have had an Android phone before, and I had my iPhone 4. The iPhone was having issues so I sold it, But Instead of getting another iPhone I Decided to get a Windows Phone (Samsung Focus S) and I Am Really looking forward to it, I Love how smooth and fast Windows Phone 7.5 is, And I Dont really download many apps, just skype and shazam, the basics, All of which are on wp7.5. I Own an iPad, Several Macs, and a cinema display, but I Wanted to try something different. What are your guys thoughts on Windows Phone 7.5? You cant deny that its a really fascinating and smooth os.

2. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

Good for you. Have fun.

Don't see the point in starting a thread to tell us about it though.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It is really smooth, and I like the tiles. I like having info right there.

4. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I Am Sure you will Have Fun with it.

You might as well make a thread in a windows phone forum because you're not going to get much love here.

5. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

after owning a windows 6.5 phone I will never go back to a windows OS (on a phone)

I don't care how "smooth" it is

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Windows 6.5 and Windows 7 are not even close. In anything, except name.

7. WAM2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

WAM2

I Do Agree Windows 6.5 was Horrid, but Windows Phone 7/7.5 is completely redesigned, I Personally being an Apple Fan, Love the way 7.5 is.

8. bobenhaus macrumors 6502a

I would switch to windows phone but without navigation like what android has not gonna happen.

9. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I know, but it kind of ruined my faith in Windows on a mobile OS.

its like people who have one bad experience with something and will never return based on that one bad experience....

10. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

There are people that say the same thing about windows ME. It's a shame. ME was horrible. But to not give something as Solid as Windows 7 and 8 a try because of it is a little silly IMO.

11. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

well, I more then likely would have but then IOS came into my life :D

PS I love how everything anti windows is getting voted down, are we not on a Iphone forum people?

12. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Being on an iPhone forum does not automatically rule out the discussion of competing products.

13. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Regardless of the forum, you tend to get a couple of educated folk around. :)

For the record, I share your sentiments about Windows Mobile. Windows Phone is a completely different (and better in every way).

14. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

I'm really hoping WP7 doesn't have the same fate as WebOS.

15. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

Despite my thorough research, I've yet to find where it says that maintaining a few dedicated lines, so as to own multiple phones is illegal. :eek:

I'd never sell my iPhone for a competitor, but that's just me. What I will do, and have done is owned iPhones, Androids, and Windows phones concurrently.

Nothing keeps me as interested and prevents boredom, like choices.

This morning I read that it's a long shot, but the new iPhone may have a 4.5" to 4.7" display, with a touch sensitive home button.

If that comes to fruition and they give it the typical gorgeous Apple styling treatment... I'll be so incredibly happy, I won't know how to act.... :)

16. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    I suspect the downvotes are probably more about thinking that Windows Mobile 6.5 was anything like Windows Phone.

It's like the person the other day who compared the optional use of a Wacom pen on the Samsung Note, to the necessity of using his old Palm phone's stylus.

Worlds apart in both cases!

17. B777Forevar macrumors 6502a

B777Forevar

>Samsung focus

Why.jpg

You should have at least gotten the Nokia Lumia 900 or the HTC Titan 2, not that trash heap called Samsung.

18. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

There is nothing wrong with discussing WP7 here. Any further posts in this thread about taking the discussion to another forum will be deleted as off-topic.

19. Blakey. macrumors member

I got the Nokia Lumia 900 to try it out. After two weeks I switched back to my iPhone. The honeymoon phase for that phone was sweet but it was very short. Lack of apps aside, the OS just falls short. Does it look nice? Yes. Is it functional(in most aspects)? Yes. But the web browser is awful. Unlike in iOS, not just games(primarily) hide the time -- Most apps do this which can be kind of annoying. I think what annoyed me to the point of returning it though is the fact that if you exit an app and re-enter it, it resets the app. Even the GPS app, so if you shut the phone's screen off or exit the app, it can't even do voice navigation. The only way to resume where you left off is to enter it through the back button. Why in the world would they do that?

Regardless, I hope you enjoy the phone. I'll stick to the iPhone for now.

20. RolandNights macrumors 6502a

In any case, I like WP7's social integration I think it's a very attractive interface, but I wish their app catalog was larger. Aside from that, integration with my MBP is a big reason why I like my iPhone. Blakey also outlined a few of my other concerns. I hope they iron out some of those things because I think native integration with Windows 8 and tablets can make great for a viable competitor to Apple.

21. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

Agreed, I was a huge webOS fan but MS has a war chest of cash they can throw into WP7. Even if it doesn't catch on as the third OS(behind iOS, and Android), they will still pump tons of money into it.

However, if I was going to go with a WP7 device, I would have gone with the Lumia 900 but that's just me.

22. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

You compare the most horrid OS known to man to Windows 7 mobile? You need to get out more. I can see you're really open to new things.

23. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

It's actually windows phone 7. Not being a stickler, but I think this is where a lot of the confusion comes from. People connotate windows mobile as bad times. Windows Phone 7 is the completely different beast.

24. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Same here, although I lost interest in the Lumia 900 within a week. I'd never give up my iPhone but for my second line I like trying out different phones. Next I'm going to try the HTC One S for fun.

25. OSUengineer macrumors member

I love my Lumia!
    I was noticing I was waiting for things to load/transition just as much as I was actually using my iPhone and was gonna get a Samsung Note but I liked the Lumia so much at the AT&T store that I got it and I would say I am much more satisfied with it than my iPhone. I think it is nice having the big screen as well and the battery life compared to the stock iphone is about the same since most of the screen is always black to save on battery when you are texting ect. It is extremely easy to use also. My mom can even use it and she doen't understand how to copy and paste in a word processor.

Also the Zune softwear runs flawlessly on my computer and atomatically found all my songs that I had on my computer without having to add files like in iTunes. Also I was kinda fed up with iTunes as it is the only program on my computer that ever gives me trouble and seems to be the norm for a lot of my college friends with PC's running Windows and iTunes.