Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imeth

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 23, 2011
iPhone 6. Gold A7 chip here I come!!! O sold my measly 16GB att for $500.

SanjeevRana

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2011
Big mistake. iPhone 5S is coming out this year and it is fundamentally the same iPhone 5. Anyone making this upgrade is crazy

Why are you so hell bent on calling everyone who upgrades crazy ?? If I have the means, I will upgrade,..my choice, not asking u for anything, am I ? :rolleyes:

Motherload0211

macrumors member
Aug 17, 2013
iPhone 6. Gold A7 chip here I come!!! O sold my measly 16GB att for $500.

I think you meant iphone 5S, right ? since (1) iphone 6 will not come out for another year or so, (2) A7 CPU will not be on the iphone 6 but an A8 chip by that time as well.

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I'm listing mine for sale this Friday. Gives me two weeks to sell and then I can have my new one before I give up the old.

jrswizzle

macrumors 603
Aug 23, 2012
McKinney, TX
Sold mine as well OP - 32GB iPhone 5 AT&T for $525 + shipping. Had a knick in the top.

Looking forward to next week's announcement and the release toward the end of the month!

I'm thinking about trying to pick up an iPhone 5C as well to serve as a backup if my phone or my wife's goes down as well as to use in instances like now where I need to sell early to get maximum value.

Luckily for me, I use my iPhone for work and they had a 4S (that was supposed to be issued to me anyway, I just chose to use my own 5) they could give me for the time being.

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
I do not understand people who sell their phone to buy another phone that looks the same and it's 0.5 seconds faster with a better camera.

I upgrade when a new design is introduced :

Bought the Original iPhone in late 2007, the iPhone 3G in early 2009, iPhone 4 on launch day and iPhone 5 on launch day. Next upgrade : iPhone 6 on launch day.

Just my two cents. :eek:

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I do not understand people who sell their phone to buy another phone that looks the same and it's 0.5 seconds faster with a better camera.

Bought the Original iPhone in late 2007, the iPhone 3G in early 2009, iPhone 4 on launch day and iPhone 5 on launch day. Next upgrade : iPhone 6 on launch day.

I sort of agree. I can't understand people that upgrade every year. To me, the 5S (from what I hear) isn't going to be dramatically different than the 5. We all know it will get a speed boost and camera upgrades, and some sort of cool feature, but I don't understand upgrading yearly. Having a phone for only a year seems like such a short period of time. My 2 year old 4S is still mint and runs smooth as butter and fast as ever. I might not even upgrade. I kind of want to get off the S cycle (4S is my first iPhone). Wonder if I should wait for 6?

SR45

macrumors 65832
Aug 17, 2011
Florida

Possibly because it does have the following:

1. Faster CPU as mentioned
2. Better camera as mentioned
3. Dual flash that can assist a lot more over the single flash
4. FingerPrint sensor that many like to eliminate entering a passcode numerous times.
5. Better Battery perhaps that may or may not give longer batter life.
6. Possibly because with a faster CPU, the iphone 5S will have as a guess, longer laster power with new updates that the older one may not have or may not be as fluid. Only a guess
7. Possibly because of the newer added color
8. Possibly because of the better built that does not scratch as easy. Only rumored, but we will find out Tuesday.

9. Because some have the MONEY to do so each year. ;)

hamiltonDSi

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
Romania
Possibly because it does have the following:

1. Faster CPU as mentioned
2. Better camera as mentioned
3. Dual flash that can assist a lot more over the single flash
4. FingerPrint sensor that many like to eliminate entering a passcode numerous times.
5. Better Battery perhaps that may or may not give longer batter life.
6. Possibly because with a faster CPU, the iphone 5S will have as a guess, longer laster power with new updates that the older one may not have or may not be as fluid. Only a guess
7. Possibly because of the newer added color
8. Possibly because of the better built that does not scratch as easy. Only rumored, but we will find out Tuesday.

iPhone 5 is still a power house. There is no need for a faster CPU because the OS will not be more fluid. A increased size in RAM will be welcome thought.
And about the camera, who takes professional photos with their phone ? 8-10MP is perfect.
FIY, I also have money to upgrade every year but there is no need.
As I was saying, just my two cents.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA

I have the money to upgrade yearly, I just think it's a waste of money. I kind of hate when people say that when asked why they upgrade yearly... "because I have the money", yea so do I, but I also have the sense to know where money should/shouldnt be spent.

I'm not knocking people who upgrade yearly, whatever floats your boat. And again, I can AFFORD to upgrade, I just don't know why every year you'd need a new phone. It's pure consumerism and it's wasteful and pointless, again my opinion.

rsxmachine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2007
some of us actually make money by selling their iphone and purchasing the new one. Last year I sold iphone 4s and bought a 5 and made almost 200 bucks. This year, if i go ahead and sell 5 for 5S, I will either break even or make around 50 bucks. It all depends on your plans and whether you can negotiate with carrier. For me its a no brainer to upgrade if I can break even or make money, even if I have to extend contract.

hagr182

macrumors regular
Apr 6, 2010
would upgrade if I could, but I want to hold on to my 4S for the same reason Im holding on to my iPad 2, fanboyism, they were supposedly the last designs jobs had a hand on, so I want to keep em.

I will upgrade once the real iPhone 6 comes out, with the aid of a contract renewal so I keep my 4S.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.